Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 443 times)

jen609

• First Flush
Help needed
« on: January 16, 2024, 01:12:16 PM »

Hey all (new to the group)

I could really use some advise please!
I’m 48 been on HRT for 9 plus  started on Progesterone micronised 100mg capsules
One To Be Taken Each Day, then 3 Estradiol 0.06% transdermal gel (750mg) pump once daily felt no better after 3 months so told to move up to 4 pumps still not feeling any better on 4 so doctors maybe I wasn’t absorbing it well even though hormone level on my blood test were fine. So she moved me onto Estradiol 75mg /24hours transdermal patches after 3 months still not feeling benefit so last night have spoke to the doctors again she had moved me up to Estradiol 100mg 24hours transdermal patches..

Symptoms are: sweats the moment I do something like walk to dog or housework to the point of my bra being wet, back wet etc. yes even in this cold weather. Never night sweats.
Sleeping - really really bad I can go nights without any sleep and some night barely hours.
Mood - I could kill someone im sure so snappy and short tempered.

The doctors just doesn’t seem to listen and keep just upping my dosage that I don’t feel is working. I have blood tests next week for thyroid and diabetes to rule them out..

Any advise please?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 01:47:45 PM by jen609 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 01:58:13 PM »

Yep plenty on the Forum  :welcomemm:

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.

Is there a GP or Nurse Practitioner with specific menopause knowledge?  Many medics still 'don't get it'!  It may take the body 3-4 months to uptake replacement B4 we feel benefit.  So swopping often doesn't help because the body becomes confused - as well as brain fog .........  ::)

Thyroid function, vitD and B12 levels as well as diabetes will give you a base line.  Once the results are back you have something to work with or ignore.  Do U take statins because those will raise blood sugar levels!

Do read the threads about vaginal atrophy and bladder issues - 4warned is 4armed ;-). 

Ask away.  Make notes ;-).