Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gepretix and spotting  (Read 7550 times)

CardioQueen

• First Flush
Re: Gepretix and spotting
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2024, 09:53:13 PM »

Very similar experience for me too. 6 months absolutely fine on Utrogestan and gel. Pharmacy gave me Gepretix with no warning ... googled it and it looked the same. After a week I started spotting, menstrual symptoms and a full period (I even got a bit of acne). I contacted the GP and I've been given a new prescription for Utrogestan and told to discuss with GP at my appointment next month.

Very odd that this has happened as it's 'supposed' to be the same, but this was the only thing that had changed for me. I only saw the posts here after I'd contacted the GP, and I'll be sure to mention wider issues when I see her next.

Kathleen

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2024, 07:26:11 AM »

Hello ladies.

I am using Utrogestan at the moment but I am following this thread with interest.Gepretix

I wonder if Gepretix is a weaker formulation and that is causing the problem of returning symptoms? If so then this product might  be better for those women who are struggling with the full effects of Utrogestan.

Take care ladies.

K.

sjcsun4

• First Flush
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2024, 09:10:52 AM »

Reading all the comments has made me feel so much better, I was changed to Gepretix 3 months ago and started experiencing bleeding. Had tests and all come back normal(thankful for that) keep being told Gepretix and Utrogestan are the same but I am sure the change to Gepretix has caused my symptoms
Pages: 1 [2]