Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gepretix and spotting  (Read 7548 times)

bluemczoo

Gepretix and spotting
« on: January 16, 2024, 02:00:33 PM »

Hello all, just wanted your thoughts on something. I have been about 2 years nearly on HRT (continuous, patches and 100 mg utrogestan). My pharmacist gave me Gepretix instead last month and after about 2 weeks I got spotting, then what felt like ovulation followed by a period. I am booked in for a scan and GP has doubled my dose of progesterone- I’m still spotting. Just wondered if changing brands caused something similar for others? TIA

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Gepretix and spotting
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 02:03:43 PM »

:welcomemm:  Browse round, join in. 

Why has your GP doubled the dose of progesterone, was there a particular reason?  Is this the same GP who has requested the scan?

Is Gepretix cheaper ?

Some1 will be along with proper advice I'm sure. 

bluemczoo

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 02:09:05 PM »

Hi there, GP doubled the dose to stop bleeding. It did, I just have slight spotting now. Gepretix is cheaper, it has just come into the market.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 02:37:44 PM »

How do U feel overall?

bluemczoo

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 02:42:37 PM »

I feel ok on the whole. Perhaps a little tired and bloaty.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 04:23:16 PM »

I hate the bloating feelings  :-\

annmarie power

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2024, 09:54:14 PM »

Hi all I was prescribed Gepretix100 middle of december and within 10 days all my symptons came back from when I first went in hrt 2 years ago. Managed to get the pharmacy to.give me my original progesterone and was told it would take time for the Gepretix to.kick in but if its the SAME surely it shouldnt be any different!!!!! Went back on old progesterone back to normal within 5 days!! Im speaking to my.gp.tmrw to.see if.I.can get.ultrogestan put on my.prescription rather than progesterone!!! Anyone else had the same problem??

Thank you !!

Neetlaine

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2024, 02:38:34 PM »

I was prescribed Gepretix too, its a cheaper alternative to my usual Utrogestan. After 30 days on Gepretix I have a full blown period with swollen, sore breasts, bloating, period pain, having not had a period in 3 years.
GP (via econsult/text) said its the same as my previous prescription and has requested a scan to check thickening of womb lining or thinning vaginal walls. I have been absolutely fine until the change of progesterone.
I know Its due to that but GP airing on the side of caution.

annmarie power

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2024, 04:46:12 PM »

Good to have everything checked out!! I had a gp appointment today he has put a note on my prescriptions to say I cannot tolerate generic switch of progesterone went straight in to the pharmacy and was given the ultrogestan100!!! Even my.gp said they are not exactly.the same as I even noticed different ingredients added to the progesterone!!!
Hope all goes well for you with your check ups!!

bluemczoo

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2024, 08:19:15 PM »

Hi, I just had my scan today because of these bleeds. Don’t know the results but they said my ovaries were nice and small which means they have calmed down. I took that as a compliment, lol. I have been on a double dose of progesterone since. It is reassuring it isn’t just me having this reaction to Gepretix. When I see my GP next week I am going to ask to go back onto Utrogestan. She actually hadn’t heard of Gepretix when I reported the bleeding.

annmarie power

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2024, 12:39:49 PM »

Glad you got good news!!!! Mr gp was so helpful they only give tge generic one because its cheaper just ask your gp to write it on your prescriprion so you dont have to go thru all this again!!!!! I will never take gepretix again i felt so awful while on it !!
Good luck!!

Lawbird

• First Flush
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2024, 03:22:00 PM »

I am so relieved to find this. Thank you ladies. I have been worried for some weeks. I am 11 years Post meno and 3 years on HRT. With Utrogestan no problems whatsoever but given Gepretix and within a couple of weeks suddenly had an episode of period type pain and spotting. Contacted drs using the online form but they haven’t even bothered to call me!
Just had another bout of spotting and pain today and realise this has all coincided with the switch to Gepretix. Will follow up with the drs anyway  but am comforted to know it’s not just me…

annmarie power

• First Flush
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2024, 05:19:50 PM »

Hi if you have any packets of Gepretix left take them to the pharmacy and tell them you cannot tolerate them and they should change them for Ultrogestan !! It only took me a few days to feel back to normal again.

JCB

• First Flush
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2024, 11:38:02 AM »

Hi

I've had a similar problem

Substituted utrogestan for Gepretix

-> every night immediately after taking, I've had weird palpitations for a couple of minutes - my husband even noticed

And, a completely disrupted cycle - heavy/spotting and the usual (For me) awful mood changes

I've stopped taking it - but also - I spoke to the pharmacist at my GP who was not aware this was available and said they would change my prescription to specific brand not any brand. And, told me to YELLOW CARD it - this is where members of the public can note side effects. Perhaps we should all do this? It wasn't hard, I just did it. Google yellow card

Bandango42

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2024, 02:23:59 PM »

I've been using gepretix for a month having been brilliant on utrogestan for 2 years and started an horrific period 3 days ago with pain, nausea, fatigue, you name it. Not had a proper period since Christmas day and I feel very low/depressed since using too.
Pages: [1] 2