Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cold Turkey Evorel Sequi  (Read 873 times)

Charleyfarley

Cold Turkey Evorel Sequi
« on: January 16, 2024, 11:43:40 AM »

Heyyyyy Ladies   8)

So the cold turkeys not too bad….just over  2 weeks in and just a few little niggles…..cramp in feet, peaks in anxiety, nausea, flushes back with a vengeance…..all completely manageable….health anxiety has been manageable aswell

Just wondering after a little spot this morning if this is common when you’ve discontinued….i wasn’t sure if discontinuing might mean periods would disappear, would increase or just pop up all over the place 🤷‍♀️😂 ….anyone had any experience?

I doubt very much my periods would have stopped after the short burst of HRT…I think I’m very much middle peri and not near the end xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cold Turkey Evorel Sequi
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 12:02:27 PM »

I would think it's part of the withdrawal ..........

Cramp is usually due to not enough salt in the diet.  I hate those anxiety surges  >:( - R U eating enough, regularly?

Charleyfarley

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 12:27:51 PM »

Aah hey CKLD, I’m hoping so aswell, I was researching symptoms of cold turkey and that was just one that i didn’t see anywhere but I’m hoping so 🙏

Cramps aren’t just during withdrawal to be fair I get them often so I think ur right, might be my diet!

Oh my days yes there’s nothing wrong with my appetite 😂 I’m eating like a horse…trying to curtail it but that’s something else that’s normal 🤦‍♀️

Charleyfarley

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 12:30:10 PM »

And also, hear you with the anxiety surges…awful aren’t they…I’m more used to a generalised anxiety where I can be in a hyper vigilant state for long time scales….

These are a completely different animal, they go as quickly as they come but it’s the surprise element! Was chattering away in a meeting this morning and BAM mid sentence felt like I was in a panic attack out of nowhere

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 01:06:24 PM »

Oh my cramps were totally different to bowel problems.  Definitely due to hormonal upheavals every month  :-\  :'(

Bowel pain means that I have to 'go' immediately!

Charleyfarley

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 02:04:40 PM »

Mine were in my feet though not bowels!

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 02:38:15 PM »

OUCH!  lack of salt ? ;-)

purplebee

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2024, 03:02:54 PM »

When you stop HRT (cold Turkey) you will experience withdrawal bleeds. This is normal and they should stop within a few days. Been there, done that!  :)

Charleyfarley

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2024, 04:21:57 PM »

Aaah thank you Purple Bee 🙏 I stopped the patches 2 weeks ago and a little blob/clot today was the first time it had happened. Do you think that counts as a withdrawal bleed?

I came off them because I’d had the worst clotty bleed ever and felt like there was a huge estrogen dominance 🤦‍♀️ and since the huge bleed this is the first sign of blood…xx

Charleyfarley

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2024, 12:43:40 PM »

Hi guys

Sorry to be a pain 🤦‍♀️ I’m in full panic mode….no appointments at GP practice today and I’m just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue of mild bleeds after stopping Sequi suddenly when in peri…

I have contacted the Balance Team to see if they had any useful info on what you can expect from sudden cessation of Sequi, they sent some really good resources but no info on that 🤦‍♀️

The problem I’m finding getting any info when researching is the search for “sudden sequi cessation symptoms” are all coming up as if I am POST meno as I have stopped it so they’re saying any bleeding post meno is really dangerous etc etc….

Sorry…the anxiety’s took hold today 🥲🥲🥲

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2024, 12:54:56 PM »

.... and breath!  Has the 'show' got any worse?  Would the GP know enough in order to put your mind at rest ?

Charleyfarley

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2024, 01:03:56 PM »

Thank you thank you CKLD 🙏

It’s not really worse, just still present when I wipe…..And that’s my other fear really, the GP practice never really know about Peri or Meno….

The lady at the Louise Newsom charity was lovely and has just sent me something else from an article about coming off HRT but it’s for post meno and doesn’t specify which HRT…..sheeeesh how needy am I 😂🤦‍♀️ I’m laughing but I can feel the anxiety rising….diahorrea & lump in throat getting worse….

I think my problem is I’m expecting and needing someone to say “I withdrew from exactly the same HRT in peri and I had exactly the same problem”…..and that’s not always going to happen…I’ll always make sure I back credible concerns up with a GP appointment but the time it takes waiting, hearing someone say they have experienced it or even just that it’s possible really helps to calm my mental health

Gggrrrrrr….haven’t done a bit of work today, phones gonna die though from so much googling 🤷‍♀️🤯

Xx

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2024, 01:08:18 PM »

This may be 'normal' for you as your body reacts to withdrawal.  I would certainly expect a 'show' if I was using HRT then changing a regime or stopping.

Charleyfarley

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2024, 01:21:57 PM »

Thank you CKLD 🙏♥️

Penguin

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2024, 01:37:45 PM »

I think any change, increase or decrease or complete stop, can cause bleeding. I've experienced it after stopping and then restarting. Don't forget your body will be doing its own thing in the background re fluctuations too!
Pages: [1] 2