Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Side effects and how long to persevere  (Read 1358 times)

jorainbow

Side effects and how long to persevere
« on: January 13, 2024, 09:56:00 AM »

3 weeks in to 1 spray lenzetto amd 100mg utrogestan vaginally continuous. I understand that there's a settling in period but when I feel much worse than prior to starting, I'm not sure I could tolerate three months. Prior to starting worse symptom was joint aches. I now have joint pain as well,  anxiety, very low mood, breasts sore and swollen, back pain  constant period pains, spots, sluggish digestion and tiredness. I am on one spray due to previous hyperplasia. Ive tried mirena and that gave me pressure head pain that sent me to a and e. Am I getting too much progesterone?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Side effects and how long to persevere
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 10:13:01 AM »

I don't know whether you are but I am aware that many find progesterone difficult to deal with.

If it were me, I would stop for a week to C whether symptoms ease.

U could the product names into the search box: individually: to see if there are threads to read.

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2024, 10:20:25 AM »

Utrogestan causes pretty much all of those side effects for me, and I know it's the utrogestan because I only take it 12 days a month.
Are you in continuous because you are post meno?

jorainbow

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2024, 10:28:08 AM »

Thanks Penguin. I tried the sequi regime (200mg utrogestan 14 days) first following consultation at meno clinic. Much worse side effects even vaginally, to the point I felt so sedated I didn't want to drive to work. I had a bleed when I stopped that then nothing.  I went back in October and he suggested 200mg every other day continuous  which wasn't much better. Next regime after a phone call is as now 100mg daily to even it out.

It's difficult to say where I was with periods due to the hyperplasia but not had any bleeding now for about 6 months. FSH apparently showed levels of post meno.

Penguin

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2024, 11:16:13 AM »

Ah okay,  perhaps you are intolerant to progesterone then, as some of us seem to be on here. Hopefully someone will come along with other suggestions then, it does sound like it could be the progrsterone part though. I haven't tried mirena but feel like I'm getting to a choice between putting up with it or stopping hrt. I'm in the mood to stick with it atm bit I start my utrogestan again tomorrow and I bet by Wednesday I'll be climbing the walls again. I'm sorry I can't he more help xx
Oh except one things, some other ladies on here do utrogesran but on a longer cycle, so you take it sequentially but bigger gaps and have to have scans. Perhaps thats something you could ask about. Although I guess it could still trigger the head stuff 🤷‍♂️

jorainbow

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2024, 11:22:49 AM »

Thanks Penguin. I feel like I just need a year off from it all what with 3 hysteroscopy/biopsies and my GP and meno consultant playing patiemt ping pong with taking responsibility for my HRT. I do think it is probably intolerance as I couldn't tolerate the pill. Thanks for your help

jorainbow

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2024, 11:28:57 AM »

Just to add to the fun, I'm now bleeding 🙄

Penguin

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2024, 11:33:50 AM »

I think that can happen when moving to a continuous regime, at least I think that is what I've read on here? Although no fun I agree 😥
BTW I did try suddenly stopping my sequential hrt two months ago, I lasted 8 days before all my symptoms were back. Started again and it totally mucked up mu cycle the following month. So if you do decide to stop, please do it in discussion with your doctor and perhaps using a taper method so it isn't that sudden. I know some people say it took awhile for their symptoms returned bit within a few days I felt like I'd aged 10 years. And like you I was on a low dose,  one pump of edtrogel which I think is equivalent to a single lenzetto spray.

jorainbow

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2024, 11:42:53 AM »

Thanks Penguin. Definitely no fun and I guess I need to be mindful of the past hyperplasia. I'll speak to the Dr on Monday though they will probably just try refer me back to the Consultant

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2024, 12:58:21 PM »

Could you e-mail or phone the menopause clinic for advice?

jorainbow

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2024, 01:34:42 PM »

Yes I can do both as the Cons Secretary is absolutely lovely !

sheila99

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2024, 01:58:12 PM »

Am I right that a conti regime is recommended for hyperplasia? If it is I would try a different progestin as you may find you're OK with a different formulation. If a sequi regime is OK it would be best to start with oestrogen only so you know how the protesting makes you feel. I use a 6 week cycle but again I don't know if this is OK with hyperplasia. Although utro is supposed to be the best it gives me fatigue and interrupted sleep whereas noristherone in evorel is fine.

jorainbow

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2024, 02:19:23 PM »

I'm not sure though that resolved over a year ago so they are just geimg cautious I think. They won't allow oestrogen only as that feeds it though when I took that for two weeks alone I felt smashing!!!

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2024, 02:21:18 PM »

Perhaps prepare a list ready for when you speak to any1? 

jorainbow

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2024, 02:30:00 PM »

Always go armed with my diary! I'm not great with any progesterone so there's likely no easy answer it'll be balancing what's tolerable I guess. I was sterilised at 30 due to not being able to tolerate the pill.
Pages: [1] 2