Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Tearful 😢 Patches in the bin 🤦‍♀️  (Read 4525 times)

Wrensong

Re: Tearful 😢 Patches in the bin 🤦‍♀️
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2024, 12:37:41 PM »

Joziel, from my point of view, it wasn't what you said about HRT I found upsetting, but the tone of your posts.  Had it been just a one off on this thread, I probably wouldn't have got involved, but (big breath & I'm sorry to say this) I've found some of your posts elsewhere on the forum upsetting too - Katherine's thread on testosterone comes to mind & there have been others I've noticed but not been involved in that have made me catch my breath.  I hate conflict & before getting involved asked myself was I just being a giant snowflake, but others have also stepped in & said much the same here, so over-sensitivity on my part seemed less likely & conscience wouldn't let me pass by on the other side of the road. 

I feel the forum as a whole does such good work that it's a stressful, heartsink situation to witness when things go sour & as women there's an innate protective instinct that's triggered at such times.  Bearing in mind medics often recommend women come here for advice & support at a time when many are especially vulnerable, the forum must have a reasonable reputation for providing that & I feel we have a collective responsibility to uphold that standard. 

I know you yourself are struggling with difficult symptoms & I wondered whether that's affecting the way you post.  Not relevant to this thread, but I know you are relatively new to T3 &  you may not be aware that at the wrong dose that can have adverse effects on our emotional health, affecting patience among other things (much like testosterone at the wrong dose).  I don't know whether you feel that's a possibility, or it's simply that your posts feel reasonable to you in a situation you felt was unjust.  I thought about PMing you to suggest the T3 scenario the other day but imagined you would not want to hear from me in the circs.  Please don't feel obliged to respond, but again - it's the sense of responsibility I feel towards women with thyroid issues, given many of us feel pretty much alone with thyroid treatment if we have probs beyond the basics that the NHS can't deal with.

ElkWarning

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2024, 02:21:04 PM »

That's such a lovely post Wren.

@ Joziel, I'm an incredibly abrasive person in text (not saying your are, just that I know I am). The amount of times I manage to miscommunicate is astonishing, and then I feel really low. I really do hope you're not having those same feelings, because it's a very lonely place to be.

Nas

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2024, 02:55:07 PM »

Joziel , hands up, it was wrong of me to comment on another members thread ( apologies Charleyfarley, I do hope you have found the advice and support of the members, useful and reassuring  :)) I had no intention of hijacking your post.

I can assure you, I am no bully, either virtually or in reality. How other members wish to respond, is entirely their prerogative.

I have never dictated what you can and can’t say. Only to think about how you phrase your words. It’s called empathy!

« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 03:36:26 PM by Nas »

Wrensong

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2024, 03:31:19 PM »

The amount of times I manage to miscommunicate is astonishing, and then I feel really low.
It's so easily done Elk & I'm sure I must have done it way more often than I have any idea of.  We miss all those important non-verbal cues when we can't see or hear those we're conversing with to know how what we're saying is being received, whether it's appropriate to continue in the same vein etc.  In fact I've been conflicted about involvement with the forum from day 1, fearing inadvertently saying something potentially harmful or upsetting to someone whose circumstances & state of mind we can't be sure of when all we "know" of them is what they choose to portray or reveal.  To say sleep is not my forte is a massive understatement, but worse than ever with the worry of this thread.  So I second your wishes & extend them to everyone involved who's been troubled by this thread.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 09:06:50 PM by Wrensong »

Mary G

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2024, 08:02:58 PM »

For Nas and anyone else who can't use HRT that is interested, the name of the new hormone free drug for menopause symptoms is Veoza, also known as fezolinetant.  It's expensive but definitely worth a try.

@Lesley who asked me about my progesterone gel on this thread by mistake, no, I'm afraid it's not available in the UK but it is very similar to Biovea progesterone cream.

Perhaps you could start a new thread?

Nas

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2024, 08:05:36 PM »

Thanks Mary, that’s really helpful. Will research now.

Wrensong

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2024, 08:30:59 PM »

Nas, Fezolinetant has been on my list to discuss with my Endocrinologist since I first read about it some months ago, but at that time it hadn't been approved for use in the UK.  I will set up a new thread for it as not relevant to this one.

Mary G thanks for flagging up that it's now prescribable here :).  Good news & looks as though it may be available on the NHS later too.
Wx

Nas

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2024, 08:36:13 PM »

Thanks Wren
That’s my research for next week x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]