Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Should i avoid using testosterone on the day of a testosterone test?  (Read 955 times)

pepperminty

Hi Ladies,

i am having a testosterone/ free T test tomorrow. Should i put on my usual blob of T which would be early before the blood draw, or miss it tomorrow ? I suspect that it may not make much difference? Or I am wrong?

Many thanks

Pepperminty xx

laszla

Re: Should i avoid using testosterone on the day of a testosterone test?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 08:24:09 PM »

I would not apply it on testing day; I test my hormones regularly and never take them on the morning before on the advice of doctors  (well except testosterone moving forward as I recently got an implant).

Suziemc

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 08:59:59 PM »

The advice that I had was to use as normal, at a site away from the arm used to draw blood. Not a problem for me as I'm a buttock rubber! 

Suziemc

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2024, 09:07:02 PM »

I've just found the advice that Newson Clinic give in respect of Testosterone use on day of blood test

"Please ensure you apply your testosterone gel or cream as usual to the outer thighs, lower abdomen or bottom on the day of their blood test. There is no need to change the timing or schedule of the application of this gel or cream before your blood test.
Please ensure you wash your hands thoroughly to avoid the transfer of testosterone cream or gel to your arms. If in exceptional cases, you normally apply testosterone gel or cream to your arms, please APPLY IT TO YOUR LEGS on the morning of the blood test (if usually use testosterone in the mornings)."

Hope this helps

SUZIE

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2024, 07:05:34 AM »

Thankyou Suziemc,

I have just applied it! 

PMXX