Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Switch from oral to topical HRT - resting heart rate increase  (Read 529 times)

sfreesto

Morning all,

I switched from Femoston 2/10 to Oestrogel (started 2 pumps and now up to 4) plus Utrogestan at the end October and since then my resting heart rate has gone up 13 bpm (I can see this trend from my Apple Watch) and I do feel jittery quite often. Has this happened to anyone else?

sheila99

Re: Switch from oral to topical HRT - resting heart rate increase
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 02:20:00 PM »

Feeling jittery can be a symptom of too much oestrogen. You could try reducing a little and see if things are better. Have you checked the doses are equivalent? I don't know the answer but even if they are you  may well absorb more from one than the other.

Scampidoodle

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 02:24:31 PM »

Can be too much oestrogen or just the changes. Why did you make the change from femoston?

sfreesto

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 08:47:38 PM »

Zero libido on Femoston. The oral HRT causes the liver to produce SHBG that binds up testosterone and excretes it - result low libido. I had to switch before I could be prescribed testosterone.

I thought too much oestrogen but lowering the does gives me classic symptoms - hot flushes etc. I saw a GP today who said I’m probably not absorbing the Oestrogel properly or it’s not steady enough for me. I am going to try patches.

fiftyplus

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 09:01:41 PM »

Hi sfreesto

I don't have an answer for you unfortunately but I do find the resting heart rate increase interesting so I hope you get more replies!

Please do keep us updated if you try the patches and how you get on as I have thought about going on them for low libido too (my gp said they would defo help with this issue) so please let me know how you get on x