Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Advice needed HRT  (Read 2446 times)

Jan1976

Advice needed HRT
« on: January 07, 2024, 01:50:39 PM »

Hi all, I have been off HRT for 6months due to breast cysts and had been coping but now finding my anxiety is getting worse  :( i seem to worry all the time about the slightest thing and always think the worse case health wise, it is just the pits.  I am on propranolol 40mg x 1 a day but don’t know whether to up my tablets to help or try HRT again 🤷‍♀️. I have a cold left arm and it aches with pains and sometimes in my left breast which worries me but i am sure it is hormonal as it comes and goes as does my mood and how i let things affect me.  From no where I can get pains in my chest just before going out even though been fine all morning and I am having trouble getting to sleep again, as always wide awake even thou tired at bedtime and often not falling alsleep till 1-2am, also sex drive has gone which makes me feel a bad wife 🙈 generally i wish I didn’t worry about everything and just felt like my old self, so any advice on whether to go back on HRT or not would be helpful but am worried as I have been to hospital 3 times in last year to have cysts drained, thank you for reading

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice needed HRT
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 02:19:09 PM »

Anxiety can control every thing we do.  4 me it's physical first then my brain begins chuntering to itself  >:(

I took Propranolol at night so would add 40mg Propranolol on alternate mornings to ease any surges.  What happened about the breast cycles, who advised stopping the HRT?

Jan1976

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 07:30:38 PM »

When I went to the hospital said HRT can mean you are more likely to get cysts and so did the GP so have tried with out it, but I hate worrying about everything just feel it takes over and makes me miserable.  I have been on one 40mg propranolol for a few years now and was doing ok but hate relying on the medication to stop the symptoms 🙈🙈

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2024, 08:36:49 PM »

What's the problem - if you were diabetic or had a heart condition  :-\

MayB ask for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic?