Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Lightheaded using Estradot  (Read 2365 times)

emmac1982

• First Flush
Lightheaded using Estradot
« on: January 03, 2024, 12:10:30 AM »

Hi all,

Happy New Year!

I'm 41 (diagnosed with POI at 38) and I have recently started on Estradot patches. One 50 patch doesn't seem to control my symptoms, but when going up to the 75 patch I'm getting light headedness. Has anyone else experienced that?

Perhaps I need wear half a 50 and half a 75 in order to increase the dosage more gradually? My Dr has told me to give it some time and experiment with the dosages until i find what works. For reference I'm also on 0.5 Androfeme daily and have a Mirena.

Would love to hear of anyone else's experience if similar. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Lightheaded using Estradot
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 10:02:09 AM »

:welcomemm:    many experiment with cutting patches.  From 50 to 75 is a HUGE amount so no wonder bodies react.

Go back to 50 for 3 nights, in the meantime work out how to cut the patches then give an extra 'bit' a try.

U can put 'estradot patches' into the search box to read any threads that pop up.   Make notes ;-).  Let us know how you get on.

SarahT

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024, 10:25:50 AM »

Hello and welcome

I too am on estradot and have the mirena, whenever I jumped up a patch strength for a few days I would get a bit breathless and jittery too. It soon went once my body adapted to the new change.

CLKD makes a good point in many of us ( Inc myself) would cut patches so we increase a bit more gradually, some of us are a bit more sensitive to changes.
Luckily estradot sticks down well even when cut. But also do have a browse around and ask anything you want. There's always someone who can find and answer or equally crucial understands x

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 03:46:27 AM »

Hi Emmac1982

This is something I'm dealing with, I'm not on the same hrt, I'm on evorel sequi, it's generally ok at the dose I'm on, but I need more for some symptoms, mild prolapse being one that comes in certain points in the cycle.  I get dizziness at some point in the cycle on the estradiol only patches, but then it goes, but if I use vaginal oestrogen it's much worse.  Hoping when I get bloods tested it will point to oestrogen still being too high, getting it down and then being able to tolerate the vaginal ones.

I can't ignore the dizziness, it definitely feels like something is wrong and shouldn't be ignored, but definitely oestrogen related as the symptoms have improved as I've lowered the oestrogen