Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nervous system, sleep problems  (Read 1781 times)

Eastside

Re: Nervous system, sleep problems
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2024, 10:43:20 PM »

Thanks so much Pastie supper. I'm sorry to hear that your HRT journey wasn't plain sailing. May I ask what a herbal vaporiser is? I'm really into natural solutions. I'm glad that helped you anyway.

Eastside

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2024, 10:45:06 PM »

That's a lot of help, thank you Kathleen. I have been contemplating the same, actually, although it would be a very harsh adjustment. I really hope that helps you.

Eastside

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2024, 10:46:12 PM »

Thank you CLKD. I can only hope that helped you.

Eastside

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2024, 10:49:19 PM »

Thanks so much Katherine. It seems HRT is definitely worth giving a go.

Banjo1973

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2024, 06:51:29 AM »

You guys are amazing, thank you. I've got more sense out of you in this post than hours of research online.
I'm really ready for trying out HRT now. I'm going to ask for utrogestan, given that it looks like you can take it with regular periods. Think I might have a battle on my hands with the NHS, though.

Shouldn't be a battle. Utrogestan is a pretty standard progesterone (although some do seem to promote the ease of  Mirena)

If you are going for gel, I would recommend Sandrena over Oestrogel (as the new one seems to have issues)

Good luck and keep us posted

Penguin

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2024, 07:01:03 AM »

I take utrogrstan and if you are in peri, you'll be told to take it 200mg x 12 days per month. If you struggle with it there's the optional to take vaginally (same capsules). Plus it can feeel like a hefty dose so i usually do a couple of lead-in days with just 100mg begore gpimg up to the 200mg otherwise I feel like I've been hit by a truck the following morning. People react to utrogestan in different ways, I personally hate how it makes me feel, but it does give me a good bleed amd I am now trying to increase my estrogen to see if I can counteract some of the side effects and get a bit more balance. Good luck!

Katherine

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2024, 08:26:48 AM »

I was 45, with regular periods and in peri when given hrt and was advised by gp to take 100mg utrogestan orally every single day. The gp said it would help me sleep that way and it did. It didn’t alter my periods. They are still regular. If I miss a dose of utrogestan I don’t sleep very well. Would highly recommend asking your gp for continuous utrogestan and you can quote me if she queries. I’ve found Oestrogel to be great too. You might get sore boobs for first three months but it does pass and well worth it. X

Penguin

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2024, 08:30:05 AM »

I was 45, with regular periods and in peri when given hrt and was advised by gp to take 100mg utrogestan orally every single day. The gp said it would help me sleep that way and it did. It didn’t alter my periods. They are still regular. If I miss a dose of utrogestan I don’t sleep very well. Would highly recommend asking your gp for continuous utrogestan and you can quote me if she queries. I’ve found Oestrogel to be great too. You might get sore boobs for first three months but it does pass and well worth it. X

Oh Katherine I didn't know you could still get periods if taking utrogestan every day. Do you not get any other random bleeding, just the monthly period? I definitely feel better when just on the 100mg although still too hot. But I think 200mg is far too much for the measly dose of estrogen I am taking. I was worried about conti as thought it causes random bleeding if started in peri and that would send my health anxiety through the roof x

Eastside

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2024, 11:20:06 AM »

Quote from: Banjo1973

Good luck and keep us posted
[/quote

Thanks so much Banjo. That's good to hear. I mentioned micronised to the prescribing nurse when I was prescribed Evorol, but he'd never heard of it and didn't seem to know anything about it. But I'll be clear and mention Utrogestan specifically this time. Thanks again.

Eastside

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2024, 11:23:23 AM »

[quote author=Penguin

Thanks Penguin.I do hope you find a good balance. Maybe slightly altering it would help.
Thanks for the advice, though.

Eastside

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2024, 11:25:52 AM »

Thanks so much Katherine. That's interesting. I'm going to see what the GP says and maybe put that forward as an option. I've been getting horrendously painful boobs most months anyway, without HRT, so that wouldn't be a change!

Katherine

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2024, 10:19:46 PM »

Oh Katherine I didn't know you could still get periods if taking utrogestan every day. Do you not get any other random bleeding, just the monthly period? I definitely feel better when just on the 100mg although still too hot. But I think 200mg is far too much for the measly dose of estrogen I am taking. I was worried about conti as thought it causes random bleeding if started in peri and that would send my health anxiety through the roof x

Hi Penguin,

No, I just get regular monthly periods, exactly the same as before, with no bleeding in between. I did once get two periods closer together when I switched from oral to vaginal utrogestan and judging by my insomnia, irritability and low mood I did not absorb it as well vaginally, or at least I did not get the systemic effects. But once I switched back to oral everything went back to normal. I could never tolerate 200mg. I would highly recommend 100mg continuous orally. If you decide to try feel free to message me if you need any advice x

Penguin

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2024, 07:06:30 AM »

Hi Penguin,

No, I just get regular monthly periods, exactly the same as before, with no bleeding in between. I did once get two periods closer together when I switched from oral to vaginal utrogestan and judging by my insomnia, irritability and low mood I did not absorb it as well vaginally, or at least I did not get the systemic effects. But once I switched back to oral everything went back to normal. I could never tolerate 200mg. I would highly recommend 100mg continuous orally. If you decide to try feel free to message me if you need any advice x

Thanks Katherine, that's really helpful. I do vaginally as can't risk oral due to having had gastritis ad I'd not be able to take it on an empty stomach. But I am seeing my GP re VA and will talk about it with them. I had no idea you'd still get a regular period, so that'd be a winner for me if I can tolerate it every day at the lower dose.

Katherine

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2024, 08:56:02 AM »

Hi Penguin,

Thanks Katherine, that's really helpful. I do vaginally as can't risk oral due to having had gastritis ad I'd not be able to take it on an empty stomach. But I am seeing my GP re VA and will talk about it with them. I had no idea you'd still get a regular period, so that'd be a winner for me if I can tolerate it every day at the lower dose.

Hi Penguin, I actually take utrogestan at the same time as my 2 tsp gaviscon just before bed. They both still work and it sorts out my acid reflux. Let me know how you get on. X
Pages: 1 [2]