Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Stomach issues  (Read 2329 times)

Carolinejane53

• First Flush
Stomach issues
« on: January 02, 2024, 06:21:42 PM »

Hi, I am new to this forum, I am now post menopause, no period for 18 months, I had a terrible perimenopause and then I started to feel better but now I am experiencing some new symptoms,
Sharp pains all over my body that last for a second at a time really strange, can be anywhere
Acid reflux and poor digestion and burping
Tinnitus hearing heartbeat at nighttime
Unable to stay asleep
Anxiety attacks
Feeling that something awful is going to happen, I am so fed up will this every end? Has anyone else had similar symptoms, I feel so alone, no other women I know seem to be suffering, so I have no one to talk too.

jaypo

Re: Stomach issues
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 09:48:19 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forum,yes yes and yes to all those symptoms and then some,there are so many and not just the usual hot flushes etc,anxiety is the worst,reflux is also a symptom,oestrogen controls so many things and when it dwindles it wreaks havoc,do go to your Dr and discuss if hrt needed.
Look round the site,you will see you are most definitely NOT alone on here

Carolinejane53

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 10:24:15 PM »

Thank you for your reply, I have been to doctors on multiple occasions, had tests for everything under the sun, no one will say the symptoms are menopause it’s crazy, I can’t have HRT unfortunately due to a family history issue, I am just relieved that I am not the only one, I had convinced myself no one understood what I was going through, I have read loads in posts on here now and it’s unbelievable the suffering women are going through

snowhite1

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 10:56:29 PM »

My last ‘natural period was feb 22, i suffered a lot with bad fatigue. Went to docs blood tests came back normal, was told it was depression / stress by several doctors. Eventually I went to see a doctor who listened and she said it was likely peri. One year later I thought I was ‘over the worse and then bang ! 6 months ago I started having every symptom you can imagine - bad acid reflux, digestion issues, Ibs symptoms (constipation, diarrhoea) tinnitus, fluttering heart, pains in my right hip, pains in my ribs (dull ache and stabbing ) dry mouth, low motivation, no energy, brain fog the list goes on, back to the docs I go more bloods done and told menopause. I have paid to go private at a menopause clinic as I felt I was not being taking seriously at the docs, and felt i was going crazy, so you’re not alone !

Jules

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 12:09:12 PM »

Hi, I am new to this forum, I am now post menopause, no period for 18 months, I had a terrible perimenopause and then I started to feel better but now I am experiencing some new symptoms,
Sharp pains all over my body that last for a second at a time really strange, can be anywhere
Acid reflux and poor digestion and burping
Tinnitus hearing heartbeat at nighttime
Unable to stay asleep
Anxiety attacks
Feeling that something awful is going to happen, I am so fed up will this every end? Has anyone else had similar symptoms, I feel so alone, no other women I know seem to be suffering, so I have no one to talk too.
Hi Caroline. I have a digestive disease just been diagnosed. Mine isn't related to menopause.  Taking ibuprofen contributed so I would avoid that. I've also stopped drinking alcohol which has really helped the reflux and I eat smaller, more often, slower and chew more to help digestion. I avoid acidic and fatty foods too. I don't eat less than 3 hours before bed. I think aside of the menopause issue, you can help a bit just through your lifestyle. It might be worth a try.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 12:43:17 PM »

Hi both - as oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry : inside and out; skin, nostrils, deep in the ears, vagina, vulva as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

Hiatus hernia is common 'at a certain age' - I managed for years with Milk of Magnesia, my GP has prescribed capsules but from here I can't remember - they are in the kitchen  ::) which I swallow every morning and they do ease heart burn. 

A few years ago my husband, The Chef, began to add more mixed veg into our diet and since C.mas I have tried adding more fresh fruits [long story short].  I have been avoiding shop bought cakes, biscuits etc..  I suffer with slow transit and by New Years Eve was feeling really ill, as we had lapsed, having been given lots of sponges, Bakewell tarts etc..  Never again, they will go to the care home next time  ;).  So I know that anything with added sugars and fats upset my digestive system from top to bottom!

LIVE yoghurt can help ease digestive problems and I understand that kimchi might help  :-\ but am loathe to try any.  We do eat beetroot - cold in sandwiches or in a salad and I do love it roasted with other veg..  For us it's been about experimenting to keep my gut health as good as possible.