Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Thinking of reducing/phasing out systemic HRT  (Read 1530 times)

Katejo

Thinking of reducing/phasing out systemic HRT
« on: January 23, 2024, 04:41:13 PM »

I am currently on Evorel Conti patches and using Vagifem. My main reasons for systemic HRT have been to supplement Vagifem plus also prevent my osteopenia getting worse and reducing muscle/joint aches & pains. I am now approaching 61 and my periods stopped about 8 years ago.  I have just got a new prescription for Evorel Conti, enough for 12 weeks but only after numerous repeat checks from my GP who initially refused my request without saying why.

I am considering reducing to half patches first to see if I notice much difference. I have time to do this before saying anything to the GP about it.  Has anyone else done this? How well did it work?

Katymac

Re: Thinking of reducing/phasing out systemic HRT
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 07:18:33 PM »

Have you had your oestopenia checked recently, protecting my bones is my main reason for taking hrt, but getting a dexa scan from my gp is like asking for gold dust

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 10:17:36 PM »

Have you had your oestopenia checked recently, protecting my bones is my main reason for taking hrt, but getting a dexa scan from my gp is like asking for gold dust

Yes I have had one in the past year but, unfortunately, the quality of the print out sent to me was so poor that I couldn't make much sense of it/compare it to the previous one 4 years earlier The GP didn't contact me about the results.

Katymac

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 10:34:56 PM »

I'd see if you can get a better copy or I'd the gp can read it in a screen - you don't want to take chances with osteoporosis really