Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel sequi and oestrogel  (Read 1063 times)

Clareemily11

• First Flush
Evorel sequi and oestrogel
« on: December 11, 2023, 10:35:22 PM »

Hi
New to this site. First time posting.. also fairly new to the world of HRT!

I have been on Evorel Sequi patches since about July. All good, felt better, lots of symptoms eased if not disappeared. I didn’t get any cyclical bleed the first four months.

I wondered if it might be possible to feel better as I still had some symptoms so returned to gp. Had a blood test which came back to show my oestrogen levels were very low (78, when they should be around 250, evidently).

So she prescribed me oestrogel 2x pumps daily alongside my Evorel Sequi. I read the oestrogel leaflet and it seems to suggest that you shouldn’t use the gel alongside a cyclical HRT, which is what Evorel Sequi is.

So now I’m slightly confused as to whether it’s ok to use the oestrogel simultaneously with the patches. Has anyone experience of doing this and is it ok? I have not used it at all so far. Just sticking with my Evorel Sequi.

Oh also, this month I have had some light bleeding on Evorel Conti part of the cycle, which I’ve not had before. I wonder if anyone can advise the best HRT to not have any bleeding. I’d had 9 months no period prior to that😬

Thanks for looking and for any useful advice you can give.

Dotty

Re: Evorel sequi and oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2023, 06:38:53 AM »

Hi extra oestrogen shouldn’t be added to Evorel Sequi as there may not be enough progesterone. If you need more oestrogen you should change to gel or patch with a separate progesterone ( Utrogestan ) .

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2023, 10:36:40 AM »

As above but a mirena is the best option to be bleed free. It may be that you're close enough to meno that you won't bleed on utro, you'd have to try it and see.

AM16

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2023, 01:43:25 PM »

Two different GPs at my practice, which seems very clued up on HRT, have told me I can add up to .25mg extra oestrogen to my sequential patches as the progesterone in the combined patch is enough to oppose it, but all the advice on here and in the leaflet is not to do that. I’ve never tried this as haven’t needed to, but it might give you some comfort if you decide to continue but at a lower dose.

Clareemily11

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 09:49:34 AM »

Hello, thank you for your comment, may I please ask what form that extra 0.25mg oestrogen would be in? As I have some extra patches that I could experiment with? I’d rather try an extra half a patch or something, than use the gel. I feel really unsure about the gel.