Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Higher oestrogen dose = heavier bleeding?  (Read 518 times)

2cats

Higher oestrogen dose = heavier bleeding?
« on: January 01, 2024, 01:39:24 PM »

Hi all

I’m currently on 100mcg oestrodot patch and will be going back to utrogestan 2 weeks a month (I have been on femseven 100 then using up my conti patches for 2 weeks a month but only 75mcg).
My periods have become very heavy to the point I had to take a day off work last month due to flooding.

My symptoms have not reduced on 100 dose so wondering if I should start to go up in dose to see if that makes a difference, before reducing back to zero if it doesn’t. However, is it likely that my periods will get even heavier with higher oestrogen? I thought the progesterone would help the lining to stay thinner or is that only with mirena coil?

My symptoms are awful anxiety every morning, low mood, painful joints especially hips.

I’d be really interested to hear your thoughts or experiences regarding higher levels of oestrogen and bleeding.

Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Higher oestrogen dose = heavier bleeding?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 04:23:09 PM »

I suffered heavy, clotty periods for years  >:(

A lack of oestrogen can be the cause of anxiety, painful joints: as laxity of muscles drop off, various joints may become painful.  Have U tried an over the counter pain relief?