Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Burning achy odd legs  (Read 825 times)

Lalb1

Burning achy odd legs
« on: December 30, 2023, 11:34:17 AM »

Haven't been on here for a while but recently felt the need to see if I'm losing the plot!

Back in September I started with shoulder and breast pain, ended up having a breast cyst drained. However the shoulder pain continued and I was referred for x-ray. Turns out I have calcification tendonitis in my left shoulder. Been given physio to do.
Fast forward to the middle of December, not been feeling myself, very sluggish and no energy at all. Have been spending my weekends on the sofa, very unlike me- usually out walking and always busy.
2 weeks ago I started with an odd feeling in my thighs.
Like they were burning inside. Not hot to touch on the outside, just like sunburn inside.
This was in both legs but left leg worse than right. Also odd feeling in veins like itchy.
This has continued for the last couple of weeks, it now feels like they are warm but burning and tingly. Odd sensation at side of left knee and an ache. Legs feel heavy.
Worried I might have a blood clot I got a doctor's appointment l, had lots of checks and she's happy it's not a clot,but thinks it's tendonitis and nerve pain? .I've been referred again to physio, she thinks it's possibly to do with hormonal fluctuations.

Just wondering if anyone else feels like this?
Legs actually feel better when I'm walking,they ache and burn when sat or laid down.
What has anyone else tried?
I've started taking

Vit D
Magnesium
B12-complex
Omega 3,6,9

Please help it's really bothering me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Burning achy odd legs
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 03:45:34 PM »

R U taking daily VitD?

For me the burning deep in my thighs was due to leaning over cabinets at antique fairs - it took months to realise  ::).  Now I have to be really careful.

It happened suddenly in the night, the pain was so acute that I wasn't able to scream, luckily really as we were in a B&B !

My restless legs are different and begin being problematic in the night: a banana a day cured that.

Lalb1

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2023, 08:39:57 PM »

I've only recently started taking Vit D again. I have to be careful with it as I also have Sarcoidosis and Vit D usage has to be monitored.
I'm wondering if this is to do with how little I've walked. My go  to is to walk, however the last couple of months I've felt that rough and lethargic I've not walked as much as I would usually.
My weekends have been different and I've spent them curled up on the sofa. I am wondering if it's due to lack of as much movement?
They do feel less achy when i walk,but then after they burn again.
I don't have bad restless legs in the night, I used to but it seems to have stopped.
I do eat bananas everyday after reading it in here a while back.

I've tried a compression bandage today, and it does seem to have helped a little?
Guess I'm just worried it's something more than nerve or tendons.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 10:42:54 AM »

Morning.  R U able to pinpoint exactly where the burning is felt? 

Lalb1

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2024, 08:42:30 AM »

Hi, didn't see reply.

Best way I can describe the placement of the buring is
It starts at the top of my thigh full on front. Then carried on down to my knee cap, feels like the tendons inside are warm like when you've worked out a lot. The warm odd feeling is also in the side of the knee on the left leg too.
The warm burning feeling is sometimes more of a heavy dull ache, it's more pronounced in my left leg but is present in my right too.
My knee feels warm inside and at the back if I try kneeling down.
Walking helps it but then when I sit and rest it seems to feel more like it's burning.
Walking yesterday was good but I did notice coming downhill made it tingle more and my knee twinges.
Laid in bed at present and I can feel the burning sensation in my left leg more.