Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hysteroscopy yesterday  (Read 609 times)

Tashton

Hysteroscopy yesterday
« on: December 30, 2023, 09:21:21 AM »

Hi. Yesterday I finally had my Hysteroscopy under GA.  They found a polyp but surgeon said it was tiny.  They removed it anyway and it will be biopsied.  They scraped the lining and will take biopsies.   My fear is, if polyp tiny it can't be that causing my lining to be so thick.  It was 25mm on ultrasound!!    When I asked him about the thick lining he didn't seem overly concerned. Said he couldn't remember measurements but he didn't think it was so thick yesterday on hysteroscopy??   Is this normal?  I've read that abnormal thick lining could be hysplacia?  Wait now is 6 week for results!!!  He did say at end of conversation he didn't see anything to be alarmed at so I'm hoping that good news

jorainbow

Re: Hysteroscopy yesterday
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 09:32:35 AM »

There's lots of factors at play. I've had 3 hysteroscopies and 2 ultrasounds lining at 11mm and 16mm. I had a polyp removed which stopped the irregular bleeding. Thickness can depend on where you were in your cycle if still having periods. I had mild hyperplasia not atypical on biopsy 1 which had gone 6 months later. The wait for results is a pain but the important thing is everything is being checked and if anything is found its treatable. Hope all goes well x

Tashton

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023, 08:48:47 AM »

Thanks.  My anxiety is really playing tricks on me.   Realized when he said my lining not as thick now he meant cause he did a curettage which I believe is scraping of the lining for biopsy.   Think I'm looking for any sign of hope

Jules

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 11:07:34 AM »

I had biopsies in my stomach 2 months ago, still waiting for results.  Took 4 months last time. When I chased up myself,  they told me they're having to outsource, nit enough lab staff. But if the doctor had highlighted concern it would be expedited so maybe you shouldn't worry too much. I think they process any that initially raise concern first.