Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: All symptoms returning agghhh  (Read 3100 times)

Suziemc

Re: All symptoms returning agghhh
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2023, 02:50:19 PM »

Hi Discogirl

[/quote]

Does the coil affect your sleep at all? I could never take the utro even vaginally at night as it made me wired xx
[/quote]

No, it doesn't affect my sleep.  When I was taking Utrogestan I had to time it so I took it a couple if hours before bedtime. When I first started it I couldn't sleep for first few hours, so I played with timing and found taking it mid evening worked best. But sleep has been fine with the coil.

I'm fortunate that I have a very good GP so I knew I could have the coil taken out fairly quickly if I didn't get on with it. This was important to me  but luckily I didn't need it!

discogirl

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2023, 04:55:15 PM »

Hi Suziemc

Thanks so much for that info its handy to know should I need to go back on hrt xxx

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2024, 03:10:32 PM »

Hi MrsMitch, isn't it a great time of year to be drowning in your own sweat?

I had to stop my 3 pumps of oestrogel 15 days ago to switch directly to tibolone, no tapering or waiting which was ok, but tibolone doesn't deal with heat problems, so I've started putting two full length towels under me in bed and another on top of me. I lie on my back and don't really move a muscle all night, so it all stays in place and it's the only way to stay dry. I've also got a dog mat under my head and shoulders, the cooling type. A towel sitting beside the bed will be cold enough to lift onto my thighs when I wake up too hot and it drains all the heat from me that way, very cooling. Our bedroom is 15'C at night and the bathroom is freezing cold, so if I get up to pee I'll have to put on a dry nightie at the same time so my soaking wet one doesn't cause me to freeze as well. My dressing gown hangs on the back of the bedroom door and I put a clean nightie in one pocket of it so it's there when I need it.

Some nights are really bad, then I use the towels and have lots of good nights, they really work well.

Otherwise tibolone makes me feel like myself again, normal, happy. It's a great mental health med and boosts my energy too, but for menopause sweating it's not much use at all.

PS I find tibolone excellent for all VA related symptoms, since switching from 3pumps of oestrogel 15 days ago, I've noticed a definite improvement to how strong and wet I feel the tissues are down there. I'm healing.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 03:23:54 PM by pastie supper »

MrsMitch

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2024, 03:30:16 PM »

Oh dear Paatie Supper, its so dreadful isn't it? I have heard a wool underblanket can keep you very cool, but a good one is expensive so I haven't tried it yet as it could be a costly mistake if it fails.
We've moved since I started hrt and are slowly doing this house up. In the previous bungalow we had patio doors in the bedrooms which was great fir keeping cool. Here we only have 2 tiny fan light windows and I'm really struggling.  It wasn't an issue when we moved as I wasn't expecting to gave to stop hrt.
My husband has assured me we'll get the windows replaced before summer although we're thinking about an air con unit after last summer. He came to bed after me the other night and I was going into the loo as he came down the hall. He hugged me and was shocked that my nightie was soaked.
I'll let you know if I get the wool blanket and it works.

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2024, 08:49:06 AM »

Oh dear Paatie Supper, its so dreadful isn't it? I have heard a wool underblanket can keep you very cool, but a good one is expensive so I haven't tried it yet as it could be a costly mistake if it fails.
We've moved since I started hrt and are slowly doing this house up. In the previous bungalow we had patio doors in the bedrooms which was great fir keeping cool. Here we only have 2 tiny fan light windows and I'm really struggling.  It wasn't an issue when we moved as I wasn't expecting to gave to stop hrt.
My husband has assured me we'll get the windows replaced before summer although we're thinking about an air con unit after last summer. He came to bed after me the other night and I was going into the loo as he came down the hall. He hugged me and was shocked that my nightie was soaked.
I'll let you know if I get the wool blanket and it works.
Somewhere in this house we have two thick wool bed blankets that are probably 90 years old, they belonged to my grandparents. I tend to itch around wool, but perhaps these are so old they will no longer activate any allergy? When I next see them (I've a good idea where) I'm going to try them as an underblanket, they'd be big enough combined (they shrank on a visit to the washing machine, oops). Thanks for the tip!

Grheliz1

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2024, 03:47:43 PM »

I had a mirena put in when I was about 56 or 57 and it was fine.

Eventually I did end up having a total hysterectomy plus ovaries because there seemed to be something going on to do with my genes causing acute hyperplasia, but for the two years or so I had a Mirena, until I was 59, it was great. It was replaced three times when I had hysteroscopies and never caused problems.

Hi MrsMitch

The gynae dept have offered the mirena coil but at 58yrs and 4 yrs post meno I definately dont want that.

Can I ask how long did it take for your meno symptoms to return xxxx

MrsMitch

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2024, 04:36:49 PM »

I had a mirena put in when I was about 56 or 57 and it was fine.

Eventually I did end up having a total hysterectomy plus ovaries because there seemed to be something going on to do with my genes causing acute hyperplasia, but for the two years or so I had a Mirena, until I was 59, it was great. It was replaced three times when I had hysteroscopies and never caused problems.

That's really good to hear that it worked for you. Unfortunately with my history of endometriosis plus having horrendous VA the consultant agreed with me that Mirena would not be wise. The other consultant who discussed things with me post TVS was the one who mentioned it but if I had any issues then I'd have to have another GA to remove it.
Pages: 1 [2]