Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Vaginal Atrophy - is their hope?  (Read 18085 times)

sfreesto

Re: Vaginal Atrophy - is their hope?
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2024, 08:17:48 PM »

Hi fiftyplus,

Intrarosa is a low dose vaginal therapy for VA and not a systemic HRT. You only have to take progesterone if you’re on systemic HRT and have a womb.

fiftyplus

« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2024, 09:08:11 PM »

Many thanks for that - please do keep us updated with how you get on with it x

sfreesto

« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2024, 05:51:06 AM »

Morning Ladies,

I said I would update on my progress. Well, the menopause GP I was supposed to see yesterday phoned in sick! Honestly I was gutted at this point (and had a mortifying work catch up with HR where I promptly cried and told her everything when she asked me how I was) so I decided to try private. By some miracle there was an in person appt available at my local Newson health clinic for Monday so I am feeling hopeful about that. I will let you know how it goes. It will be good to have 45 mins with a Dr to get all the details out.

In terms of symptoms I would say they have flatlined at an annoying but not terrible level. The Intrarosa still burns on exit and smells weird - I thought I had BV (to add insult to injury) but realised the odd smell was only when the Intrarosa comes out most with the first morning pee.

Hope you’re all feeling as good as you can today xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2024, 10:04:03 AM »

Tnx for the update.  MayB take a list of symptoms with you?

fiftyplus

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2024, 11:58:28 AM »

Thanks for the update my lovely.  Sending virtual hugs your way  :hug:  Keep your chin up Mrs, hopefully you will feel better after your appointment on Monday  :foryou: x

Patchsmama

« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2024, 01:32:45 PM »

Hi Everyone

A quick update from me too. I finally managed to get a GP appointment this morning and saw a really sympathetic lady GO who actually seemed to know what she was talking about. She told me to use the Vagifem nightly for two weeks then reduce back to usual dose, use Yes to moisturise and also gave me antibiotics to keep at home in case of UTI. doesn’t it feel good when you actually find a doctor who understands. I think she may have been relatively newly qualified, so she has clearly had some good teaching!  I hope it now does the job.

Sending hugs to everyone and hoping you all find comfort xxx

Ayesha

« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2024, 02:06:40 PM »

Thanks ladies, great updates and look forward to reading how it all goes for you, your experiences are all very educational!  :)

CLKD

« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2024, 02:08:18 PM »

Patchsmama: It certainly helps with any condition to feel listened to, followed up with treatment. 

How a GP should send a urine sample to a Lab to be tested B4 prescribing an anti-biotic.  Vaginal atrophy mimics repeated urine infection-type symptoms really really well.

Patchsmama

« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2024, 03:16:04 PM »

Thanks CLKD. Sending off an MSU is the gold standard of treating a UTI. However, I’ve been in the situation where I’ve been left in agony for over 48hrs as they refused to dipstick, prior to sending off for culture and sensitivity.  That’s why my old GP said to start antibiotics as soon as I have symptoms. Thankfully, this is the first time I’ve taken them since starting Vagifem 4 years ago ☺️

Patchsmama

« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2024, 03:17:23 PM »

Thanks ladies, great updates and look forward to reading how it all goes for you, your experiences are all very educational!  :)

Thanks Ayesha xx

sfreesto

« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2024, 03:19:02 PM »

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Good news story - unbelievably I woke up pain and irritation free today. It seems these VA flares have a very sudden onset and then after days of pain go as quickly as they came - or is that just me?

I happened to notice I am mid cycle, when my own oestrogen levels should be high, and I’m thinking there could be a pattern emerging here because it was at this stage of my last cycle I had some respite. I’ve also had an elevated resting heart rate since changing to Oestrogel and I’m seeing that is also more normal now and four weeks ago (of course might just be no pain = less stress). Maybe I need to super charge my oestrogen dose towards the end of my cycle or likely I just don’t absorb Oestrogel well enough.

I’ve only been on the Intrarosa for 8 days so I doubt that has been a miracle cure.

Newsome Health Clinic tomorrow - I will report back on what I learn.

CLKD

« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2024, 05:58:22 PM »

ABs will ease initial symptoms, however, World Wide too many are being prescribed instead of appropriate treatment - with many bugs becoming resistant.   :-\  :'( so when an emergency arrives, i.e. another pandemic, it will be harder to treat it.

Take your list to the appt.?

sfreesto

« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2024, 06:30:57 PM »

Hello All,

I’m coming back to update after my appt with Newson Health and GP, and I’m pleased to say I have some answers and a plan.

The thought is my VA flare ups are related to the oestrogen peaks and troughs from being peri - systemic oestrogen crash and I have a flare up. The oestrogel plus utrogestan HRT I’ve been on has not been effective enough at flattening out my oestrogen levels - I’ve also had bleeding at very random times.

So the plan is to level out my hormones and stop me bleeding at all for a few months to give the VA chance to settle down. For HRT I am moving onto 100mg Estradot (I have managed to get it today too), taking utrogestan 100mg every day (instead of 200 mg on days 15-26 of cycle) and go onto the desogestrel mini pill. Vaginally I’ll be on Intrarosa (both Drs I saw love it and say it is very beneficial if your VA causes urethra/bladder symptoms) plus Ovestin externally.

Quite a regime! LOL

I’ll let you know how I progress with it all. Xx

sfreesto

« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2024, 12:51:55 PM »

Afternoon ladies,

I’m looking for some advice from you all about vulval soreness. I have been trying all manner of things but can’t seem to settle on something that relieves the vulval soreness for me. It is worst first thing in the morning, and then settles over the day. I don’t appear to be dry, maybe too wet if anything. Any recommendations?

Thank you all, you’re a great support and source of knowledge Xx

Ayesha

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2024, 01:18:07 PM »

Thanks for the update sfreesto.
Are you using a moisturiser along with your other VA treatments? Like you I was never dry but I obviously was as I need to use moisturiser morning and night.
Hopefully some of the other ladies will be along with more advice for you  :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12