Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Vaginal Atrophy - is their hope?  (Read 18092 times)

sfreesto

Re: Vaginal Atrophy - is their hope?
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2024, 01:56:57 PM »

I will definitely be sharing my list of concerns and pushing for names of consultants I could try and tests to give a more definitive diagnosis. I accept I have VA, I’m just suspicious there is still something else underlying it all/making a previously controlled asymptomatic VA status now be a train wreck! It does worry me that I am only 49, and visually I don’t look atrophied. I’m sure the last GP I saw in person was thinking it was all in my head! Xx

Ayesha

« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2024, 02:03:34 PM »

Two years ago when the 2 a week dose was not touching my VA symptoms my GP changed my prescription to a daily dose of Vagifem, when I sounded shocked at that she said its ok because it doesn't reach the blood stream.

I am fortunate that I didn't have any allergic effects from the Vagifem and subsequently Ovestin. I try to reduce the dose now and again simply because its nice to have a break from it all but I can only manage a day and the symptoms soon return, its amazing just how sensitive we all are down there!

sfreesto, Its bad enough that they can't seem to diagnose VA in the older woman let alone a much younger one, always antibiotics first it seems for the non existent bladder infection for most of us.

Hope you finally get answers next week.

Jules

« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2024, 02:53:26 PM »

My friend is 49 and just got treatment for VA. She is already noticing visible changes too. I suppose it affects us all different and some aren't affected at all. L7cky people

Bass1979

« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2024, 03:22:52 PM »

Hi all

I think I have VA but I feel stupid as am not 100% sure what it feels like. All I know is down there am very sore, I feel very tight, dry and really uncomfortable.

I am on HRT low dose and started Ovestin this week, I have been using it every night and all I have noticed is an increase in discharge and do feel a bit more lubricant at some points in the day.
As for sex I have not had sex for about 5 mths, am only 44 don’t have periods as had a hysterectomy.

My question is how do I know if it is VA or something else ? I keep thinking I need to go doctors and get it looked at but it’s hard to describe. I have had this before last year went to doctors they treated me for thrush but I know this is not thrush, I describe it sometimes like having a tampon in that’s been there too long or not in the right position.

Can anyone advise please xx

Joaniepat

« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2024, 03:26:39 PM »

What you describe sounds exactly like VA. Treatment can take a while to take effect, so keep going with the Ovestin.
JP x

Bass1979

« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2024, 03:43:45 PM »

Thank you

I knew deep down it was VA, god am sat here crying thinking can things get any worse. (Well they can but it’s just rubbish going through all this)

I think I need to increase my patch too am only on 25 I feel the cream is such a small amount that it’s not doing much but I will defo keep going.

It’s so painful, reading stuff on google makes u think will my vagina ever feel right again. 

Thank you

Ayesha

« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2024, 03:46:47 PM »

Sounds like VA to me too, shame you are not having sex because that's the big tell all, afterwards if you have VA you burn like hell!
Another symptom is the constant need to pee, burning and a pain in the groin area.

The treatment does take a while to work but important not to give up and keep using it. A feminine moisturiser also helps too.
You will feel right again once the treatment gets to work.

Bass1979

« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2024, 03:52:33 PM »

Thank you

Appreciate the reply x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2024, 04:12:43 PM »

Bass1979 - stop reading GOOGLE - he don't know nowt  ;)

And yes, there is hope. 

suzysunday

« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2024, 05:55:14 PM »

Yes it's really hard to accept the condition. I was mortified when I found out I had it and I didn't know it existed prior to that.  I couldn't believe our vaginas could let us down in such a way.  But stick with the treatment, it takes time and it is for life.  I'm afraid it's the club no one wants to join!

Bass1979

« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2024, 11:03:24 PM »

I do feel real sad about it

I really struggling with VA, bad heartburn which I have been on Lanzoprozole for years but it’s so bad at the min and shoulder pain.
Am just so glad I don’t have periods to add to it all.

I will contact with the treatment and see how I go thanks for the advice ladies I have really appreciate it x

CLKD

« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2024, 09:30:01 AM »

Morning Girls - nowt is stupid or silly on here!

VA responds well to treatment, the sooner it is started the better.  VA mimics repeated urine infection-type symptoms really really well  >:(.  How ever much treatment U need initially, go with it to get the condition under control.  If Medics argue, then refer them to MM !  Suggest too that they buy "Me and My Menopausal Vagina" ;-).

sfreesto

« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2024, 07:39:24 PM »

Good evening ladies,

Here is my update from my follow up at Newson Health today…

Had a thorough examination and the verdict was that internally I have a very mild patches of atrophy (pale), but structure good and moisture ok. Externally there is improvement from last time but still have two almost fissures either side of the vaginal opening. The one on my right side is deeper and does correlate with more pain on that side.

Proposed treatment for the fissures is eumovate, but suggestion is GP should be able to do a two week referral for me to gynaecologist due to it being unusual (though no thought it might be cancerous).

The theory is the pain I’m in might be caused by the fissure pain triggering the pudendal nerve. A pelvic floor physio would be able to assess that for me.

Bladder irritation wise, right now I’m clear. If it comes back she suggested I should be referred for a cystoscopy to check for inflammation due to suspected biofilm/resistant infection.

Overall the thought is the treatment (Intrarosa plus Ovestin) is working, it just needs more time.

I feel ok with this. I have a plan.

CLKD

« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2024, 08:02:36 PM »

Tnx for the update. 

OUCH! 

Jules

« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2024, 12:08:39 AM »

That all sounds painful. Hopefully you'll get somewhere now though
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12