Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evore patches  (Read 726 times)

LaurenK

• First Flush
Evore patches
« on: December 24, 2023, 07:27:43 PM »

I have been using evorel patches for just over a month.  I was on oral hrt previously.

The patches come off EVERY time I have a bath.  Showers so not have the same effect but I do not want to give up my baths.

GP told me to just change the patch if it comes off buy this is almost daily now.  I have a repeat prescription but wonder if a new patch every day is safe?

lillith112

Re: Evore patches
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 08:15:29 AM »

Estraderm patches are much worse, they are well known to fall off. When I first started using them they were terrible. Then I found that if I showered the area, (bum cheek) in hot water and used Simple soap twice, rinse and dry the area briskly with a towel, they then stick like superglue. I have lots of baths and they never come off.
You can't use any soap, or shower gel that contains any form of moisturizer. I tried Evorel once and found the glue very strong  ☺️

Pippa52

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 06:19:32 PM »

I found Evorel patches fell off too.  I am on Estradot patches for a year now and not one has ever come off

Amerififer

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2023, 07:05:56 PM »

Been on Everol patches for about 18 months now.. Never had one fall off.. Not even loosen.. Have to literally peel them off when its time to change them..
Everyone is differant.. I count myself lucky that they stay on.. Mainly because my current regime seems to be working for me..
 :)

LaurenK

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2023, 02:55:25 PM »

Thanks everyone.  I am glad I am not the only one.  Maybe it is my bath soak (usually Neals Yard but have tried it with others and they still fall off). 

My real concern is whether it is safe to change the patch every day which is how I have to manage right now.  Is the hormone dosage higher on day 1 for example?  Hate to waste NHS funds but not sure how else to deal with it.