Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Subserosal fibroids/treatment  (Read 2232 times)

Katymac

Subserosal fibroids/treatment
« on: January 22, 2024, 12:06:25 AM »

Quick history
Ovaries (one with a cyst) out 2018 - scar tissue & adhesions found (from a burst ectopic in 2000)

2020 post meno bleeding - did an internal ultrasound and found a cyst some fluid and a mass - so hysteroscopy and they removed a polyp, the mass was scar tissue and no liquid found

2022 post meno bleeding so they did an internal ultrasound and they found nothing except a slightly thicker lining so no further action

2024 post meno bleeding so they did an internal ultrasound (on Monday & I have been bleeding & clotting since) they found  a 42 x 42 x 41mm subserosal fibroid (growing outside the uterus possibly on a stalk!) Which is small!
& 4.8mm uterine lining so thats fab (it's less than 5mm, which is the cut off)

& At my results appt I was told 30% of women bleed after an internal ultrasound

So I'm not really sure where to go from here not happy to leave it as they confused the fibroid/polyp last time and polyps are the suspicious ones

If they are going to muck about with a GA is it time to have it all out?

I also have a partial prolapse, a rectocele and a bladder repair (TVT - which is nearly 21! - I got it in 2003) - how they would do a hysterectomy with that lot I don't know! & that's the reason I didn't have a hysterectomy in 2018 cos I was worried it would all fall out the middle!

Has anyone similar circumstances? Unlikely I know

BTW I am catastrophising, I know this but once I've worked out worst possible everything seems better

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Subserosal fibroids/treatment
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 10:23:19 AM »

Get an appt with a Gynaecologist , take a list of your worries with you.  Or have a lookC at 'hyster sisters' website.  Let us know how you get on.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 02:35:58 PM »

The one thing I would say is that as you are prone to prolapse then you do need to discuss this with a gynae if you are considering hysterectomy. Removing the uterus leaves other pelvic organs unsupported. I had a uterine and bladder prolapse. I had a hysterectomy and anterior repair almost ten years ago. I was advised that the repair (not tvt) would probably last five years which it did. I have now also got a slight rectocele and weak vaginal walls but thankfully no vaginal vault prolapse which is my big dread and which I was warned about by the consultant.

Taz.x  :hug:

Katymac

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 02:54:28 PM »

Thanks I reckon my repair is doing pretty well at 20 years!! Still contenient!!

I know no-one will be in the same situation but I'd rather have info going into the appt than it all being new stuff for me

What are your options now @taz2

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 03:23:22 PM »

I think your repair should keep going if you had the tape to hold it in place. Mine was just stitched back into place as the tape and mesh are no longer allowed. My options are limited as they don't like to do repeated surgeries for cystoceles as the results are not good. I'm relying on pelvic floor exercises. I just have such a fear of the vaginal vault descending! I even have dreams about it  ;D

Taz x

Katymac

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 03:59:06 PM »

Oh poor you how scary 😨

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 05:24:07 PM »

I blame it on my three sons  ;D

Katymac

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2024, 07:02:10 PM »

Make sure they make it up to you with cake/chocolate/wine/your treat of choice

The surgery have referred me to gyn so I'll have to wait for that

And my results aren't on Airmid yet which is a bit annoying

Katymac

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2024, 12:56:46 AM »

Somewhat cross/disappointed also relieved!!

The letter from my ultrasound has been uploaded on airmid

They found 1 lump/mass/fibroid

During the appt I explained, I had a mass of scar tissue on the upper left side of my uterus from my ectopic tube burst in 2000, I've had this for 24 years (or it will be on 2nd Feb this year)

They only found one mass, shall we bet that one mass is my scar tissue, the one that's been seen, in 2022, in 2020, in 2018 (when my ovaries were removed) and so on

Oh & They noted my ovaries were gone!

So I have no ovaries, 1 mass (scar tissue probs unless it miraculously disappeared) and a healthy lining

FGS
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 12:59:02 AM by Katymac »

Katymac

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2024, 09:29:02 AM »

Spoke to GP about cancelling the gyn appt but its already come through and Im being booked for a outpatient hysteroscopy & anyway Im wrong they probably saw the scar tisue and ignored it

FFS