Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Reason for burning face?  (Read 515 times)

KaraShannon

Reason for burning face?
« on: December 23, 2023, 12:36:55 AM »

Hi all,

I know it seems a daft question on a menopause forum, but I don't get a burning face.

Today it's really been burning, yet I've been feeling a lot better than in the last week when I had the migrainey symptoms.  This prompted my mother to tell me an old wives tale that 'flushes are worth their weight in gold.'  Or something like that, apparently they are a safety valve, she was saying. 

I don't think so, I think all the evidence so far points to them only being evidence of imbalanced hormones (or am I missing something?  let me know)

Either way, I don't get a burning face.  Ever.  I used to before starting HRT in 2019, but only if I skipped a meal.  I checked if my patches were on properly.  Yes they are.

The only other thing I can think of is that I was about 4 hours late changing the patch last night  ???

Weird thing is I feel like the burning is doing me some good.  I can't explain it, but I have energy today.

Anyway, have a good christmas everyone.  :)

KaraShannon

Re: Reason for burning face?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2023, 01:16:03 AM »

Mystery solved.

I had half the dose of thyroxine yesterday due to a mix up at the pharmacy.  Today, normal dose again.  The flushing is recovery from yesterday I think hence why I feel better.

I used to have this 14 years ago too so I think it's more thyroid related.  I just forgot about yesterday's low dose.