Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Tender under right rib  (Read 1710 times)

Wispers

• First Flush
Tender under right rib
« on: December 22, 2023, 04:13:28 PM »

Hi all, I'm new here. So since spetember I noticed pain and tenderness only when touched under my right lateral rib so at the side on my body not front.. went to gp had bloods, ct abdomen and ultrasound  this week and all normal, apart from a small ovarian cytys which they says wiuld do thia. however the tenderness is still there 3 months ltr. I'm scared they have missed something. It is only there mor ewhen I sit, like when my body is folded and when I press up and under my rib cage it is really tender. And certain ways I move,feels.like rolling over a ball? Also late this month with
periods.. so could this be related to perimenapause or what do you think?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tender under right rib
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 05:01:55 PM »

Hi!  Moving into peri-menopause we get all kinds of aches and pains  ::).

Is the pain/sensation becoming worse?  I suggest that you stop prodding ;-).  I have a tender spot where a drain was inserted in the 1990s, which when pressed makes me go ouch.

Have U been lifting anything during the year, when I'm moving sacks of bird food for example I find that parts of me are sore. 

What has been the suggestion regarding the cyst?

Wispers

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2023, 08:22:35 PM »

No not getting worse, but obviously  something wrong as it is really sore when touched. No heavy lifting etc. They just the cats is minimal and wouldn't suggest this what I'm feeling.  :(

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2023, 08:49:29 PM »

Sorry - don't understand your last sentence .........  :-\

Wispers

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2023, 09:00:35 PM »

Uum.neither do I  ::)  meant to say the cyst  is minimal  :)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2023, 09:37:08 PM »

You'll fit right in .......... fingers and keyboards don't always match up  ;D.

And that's B4 we get to the festive booze table ;-)  :drunk:

Penguin

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2023, 05:10:34 AM »

Gallbladder?
Muscle pain? I get sore and tender ribs, different ones flare up at different times, my osteopath puts me back in shape and relieves whatever area is tension / pulling.
Digging your fingers in won't help though, are you in pain even when not touching it?

Gillydlf

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2023, 08:45:34 PM »

I have just come across this post & I to suffer with rib pain/tenderness. I have had various tests at the hospital& everything came back ok but o still have the pain. Can I ask penguin about oesopathy? What does an oespath do to help relieve your rib pain? I would like to try this if I thought it would help

Penguin

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2023, 03:13:36 AM »

I have just come across this post & I to suffer with rib pain/tenderness. I have had various tests at the hospital& everything came back ok but o still have the pain. Can I ask penguin about oesopathy? What does an oespath do to help relieve your rib pain? I would like to try this if I thought it would help

My rib pain originates from an unstable pelvis since having children plus an injury to my QL muscle on one side so he addresses those during the session and that relieves the pain where it is pulling elsewhere, eg ribs and often shoulder / scapular / neck. It's likely your rib pain originates somewhere else unless it is something like rib inflammation (costocondritis or similar).

Gillydlf

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2023, 08:43:28 AM »

Thanks for the reply. I do suffer from neck & back pains. I’m researching osteopathy now. I’ll try it & see if it helps😀

Penguin

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2023, 09:21:47 AM »

Thanks for the reply. I do suffer from neck & back pains. I’m researching osteopathy now. I’ll try it & see if it helps😀

Make sure you go for a classical / functional osteopath rather than cranio sacral. They have their uses but I don't think they are the right option for this kind of thing, the approach is too subtle.

Dierdre

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2023, 09:50:38 AM »

My rib pain was from having my pillow to high (was suffering from acid reflux at the time, now ok), the pressure was then all on my lower ribs when laying on my side in bed.
I changed to lower pillows and the problem solved. I never would have thought it was that simple but it was.

Gillydlf

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2023, 05:19:30 PM »

Thank you both. I am still looking at reviews for local oesopathy places it seems to help a lot of people.
I do wonder if the pains are from reflux so I’ll try using 1 pillow
Thanks again

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2023, 05:53:29 PM »

Do not have anyone touch your body/bones unless U have had a recent X-ray of the affected area.  Working for an orthopaedic surgeon who reviewed an X-ray of a young lady [20s] who had 'considered seeing an osteopath B4 asking my GP for referral to a clinic', bottom line was had someone tried to 'manipulate' her she could have ended up paralysed.  She had an abnormality of her skeletal frame which was causing problems.

Also no practitioner should suggest manipulation of the spine without using a general anaesthetic.  If the patient is completely zonked there is unlikely to be resistance so the procedure should be safe.  However, if a patient reacts to sudden pain when the practitioner is 'working' then damage could be done.

I had all over massage years ago and it was blissful as well as last year having a foot massage ........ in warm oils, however: I am meandering.

Dierdre

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2024, 09:49:05 AM »

Thank you both. I am still looking at reviews for local oesopathy places it seems to help a lot of people.
I do wonder if the pains are from reflux so I’ll try using 1 pillow
Thanks again
My rib pain wasn't from reflux, using higher pillows for the reflux caused pressure points on the lower rib cage when laying on my side.