Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hrt -finally feeling great! But....  (Read 1053 times)

Rumbaba

Hrt -finally feeling great! But....
« on: December 18, 2023, 04:41:42 PM »

Hi

I'm 7 years post menopause, been on hrt for 5.5 years. Kept going up and up as blood tests showed pretty poor absorption.

A couple of weeks ago, I suddenly started to feel great.. like I'm 10 years younger, healthy libido, mood really ebullient!

The only thing is, my boobs are a little bit tender, and nipples are tingly. They feel fuller and heavier, more like they did pre menopause.

I don't actually mind and love that my boobs are back, not the empty bags they were becoming.

I'm loathed to change anything, but should I be worried that my levels are too high? I would love to stay as I am, but am I risking my health?

Madge79

Re: Hrt -finally feeling great! But....
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2023, 04:54:09 PM »

Have you gone off license on your dose? If so then your doctors should be keeping a close eye on your estrogen levels. If you are concerned I would speak to them.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2023, 04:57:26 PM »

Hi! blood tests are reliably un-reliable.

Which HRT have U been prescribed?  It mayB that your ovaries are putting out a little hormone thus interfering with the regime.  If U feel OK otherwise, stick with it?

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2023, 05:12:56 PM »

It isn't uncommon after an increase and will probably settle in a couple of months. If you're feeling good and have no other side effects I would stick with it.

Rumbaba

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2023, 05:29:20 PM »

Thanks for all of your replies.

Yes, I am on a super high dose, which is off licence. I'm with Newson clinic.

I'm on evorel patches , some oestrogel, progesterone and testim.

Sheila -- the only thing that's changed in the last few months is that I doubled my utrogestan to 2 x 100 . Would this cause tender boobs though?

I get regular blood tests, and I had a satisfactory TVS  last April.

I'm not due an appointment until September, just wondering if I should email Dr Lewis?

Thank you again

Nas

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2023, 05:33:46 PM »

If you are feeling healthy, stick with it, as it can take a while to optimise the dose. Also, some women need higher doses to feel better.

Just ensure that Newson are keeping an eye on you, if you are a higher than licensed dose.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 05:47:26 PM by Nas »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2023, 05:36:26 PM »

MayB to put your mind at rest in the New Year send an e-mail to Dr Lewis.

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2023, 09:12:45 PM »

Sheila -- the only thing that's changed in the last few months is that I doubled my utrogestan to 2 x 100 . Would this cause tender boobs though?

Some people (I'm one of them) get sore boobs with progesterone. But I got them during my own cycles so if it affects you this way I think you'd probably have known about it?

joziel

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2023, 09:14:31 PM »

Out of interest, what is your super high dose?

With the sore boobs, most people say this is a side effect which will go away within about 3 months - as your body gets used to the estrogen. So I'd give it that long at least.... It's not dangerous anyway, even if it's uncomfortable.

Rumbaba

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2023, 08:23:27 AM »

Hi, so my super high dose is 2 X 100 evorel parches , 4 pumps oestrogel, 1 tube of testim over 6 days, and 2 x 100 utrogestan capsules.

I've been on this regimen for quite a while with the exception of the utrogestan which I doubled from 1 capsule about a month ago ( at the suggestion from Newson).

Thanks Sheila, that's very reassuring, and does fit in with the timeline of symptoms and increase. Odd that I feel so great in other ways , like libido etc, not that I'm complaining.

I am monitored, I get 6 monthly bloods done and an ultrasound each year.

I feel better now, and will enjoy the upturn !

Thanks 😊

joziel

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2023, 04:26:10 PM »

Wow, that is quite high  :D

What level of estrogen do your bloods show, with that much applied transdermally? I'm just curious because I also don't absorb brilliantly, and I thought my 6 pumps of gel was high  ;D

Kathleen

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2023, 06:46:33 PM »

Hello Rumbaba

A few years ago I was using 6 pumps of gel and Utrogestan 100mg capsules vaginally on alternate nights. I was prescribed this by Newson Health and my blood tests showed an oestradiol level of 600.  On this regime my breasts became increasingly tender and after a while I started spotting and then bleeding. NHS investigations were fine and I was advised to lower my Oestrogel dose which I did. During this time I felt absolutely fine for part of the day but my moods continued to be changeable.
Perhaps you can carry on as you are but if you experience bleeding etc your GP may want to investigate further.

Take care.

K.

sjpercy3

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2023, 03:22:36 PM »

Hi, I always notice my boobs are super tender on my progesterone days. I've just increased mine and am feeling sore!