Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan advice please  (Read 411 times)

Confuseddd

• First Flush
Utrogestan advice please
« on: December 16, 2023, 09:28:19 AM »

Hi,

I am peri, had previously been on Utrogestan 100mg days 1-26 but had heavy periods so doctor suggested trying 200mg days 15-26.  I am day 29 now with no signs of my period yet (no usual symptoms).  Prior to HRT periods were anything from 26-46 days so I am just wondering what I do about the Utrogestan if my period doesn’t come?  I have changed areas now so new doctors so is it worth me giving them a call on Monday or do I go back to taking days 1-26 with a 3 day break?

sheila99

Re: Utrogestan advice please
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 09:37:59 AM »

You'd normally take 200mgx12 days in peri. 25/28 can be useful in late peri when you don't have much of a cycle of your own. The hrt cycle won't override your own cycle if you still one. It might be that you'll skip a bleed or it might come later. In the meantime start counting again and continue to take it on days 15-26. If you find it's out of step with your own cycle you can adjust it accordingly.

Confuseddd

• First Flush
Re: Utrogestan advice please
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2023, 09:41:18 AM »

Thank you.  I don’t remember the last time I had a cycle so I will go with counting route and keep my fingers crossed for next month lol