Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Appetite and general taste changes  (Read 412 times)

Tootsie78

Appetite and general taste changes
« on: December 18, 2023, 06:29:26 PM »

Anyone experience appetite changes with peri/meno?

I love food, but lately I just can’t be bothered. I used to eat a lot of pasta but now don’t fancy it. Yesterday we went out for breakfast and for the rest of the day I just snacked and didn’t cook or eat another proper meal - this is so different as I’ve always been keen on three proper meals a day (as well as the snacks!!)

Wondered if it is just low mood, losing joy in something that I used to really like?  If someone else does the cooking, I’m definitely better….
This evening I made pasta for my husband and daughter and just made myself a bacon sandwich…and ate a few raw carrot sticks!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Appetite and general taste changes
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2023, 09:10:51 PM »

Well my taste buds certainly altered a few years back.  The 1st cuppa - black with 2 sugars - in the morning is great.  The 2nd, mid morning ain't too bad.  By mid-afternoon however ....... YUK!  I wonder whether it's the water as more people draw off the mains  ???.  Or if it's really hormones  :-\

As for food, I have fads.  If I eat at lunch time I rarely need much more than a bar of chocolate for supper.   ;). If U had breakfast then why would U need much else? 

I've never loved food.  It's a chore.