Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Atrophy  (Read 4236 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Atrophy
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2024, 04:00:56 PM »

Kathryn - VA is far better if 1 has to choose, than thrush! 

He should have suggested upping the VA treatment to every night which will work, rather than applying a steroid 'down there'.  VA treatments can be applied around the labia/vulva areas.  I slar either KY Jelly or 'ovestin' if the area itches to keep it supple.

VA can mimic repeated urine infection-type symptoms really really.  Once a regime works, then it's best to stick with it for at least 3 years.  VA treatment can be for ever to stop the area becoming dry = itchiness.

Bella247 - Gynaes often don't know enough about VA treatments and many medics are scared that we can 'overdose' on oestrogen, however: if your symptoms haven't settled on twice a week, those of us who have tweaked and experimented would probably suggest every night for at least 2-3 weeks. 

Both: let us know how you get on.

Minusminnie

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2024, 07:31:20 PM »

Kathryn - VA is far better if 1 has to choose, than thrush! 

Really ? odds on with treatment you can get rid of thrush whereas VA has to be managed.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2024, 07:33:03 PM »

Many people have on-going problems with thrush including a Member of the Forum. 

Most of my day2day living is managed.  Atrophy is simply another aspect of carrying for my body.

kathryn22

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2024, 07:46:25 PM »

Hi Ayesha, CLKD, Minusminnie,
Thanks for your support and replies to my post
CLKD, know exactly what you meant with your thrush comment 🤣
Minusminnie… I think it was a irony comment not said to say thrush is something anybody wants but hey ho sometimes you get thrush, sometimes it’s atrophy
Thanks again ladies

Minusminnie

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2024, 08:06:41 PM »

He’s arranging for me to see the physiotherapist to make sure I’m doing the pelvic floor exercises properly. Also, the double prolapse my GP said I had,is in fact a single one , bowel only grade 2 and bladder is fine,so it’s the Atrophy causing the symptoms

You may find Prolapse Excercises Inside Out book by Michelle Kenway useful.

kathryn22

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2024, 10:13:54 PM »

Will Amazon that one 👍
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]