Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel and increased anxiety  (Read 795 times)

Loopylou1017

Oestrogel and increased anxiety
« on: December 14, 2023, 10:39:53 PM »

I have been changed from estrogen patches 100  to 2 pumps of oestrogel daily. Been experiencing panic and anxiety since. Anyone else experience this when changing to gel. Feel awful!

Dotty

Re: Oestrogel and increased anxiety
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 07:46:29 AM »

You have halved the amount of Oestrogel so that’s probably why you’ve got symptoms back.

A 100 patch equivalent is 4 pumps of gel.

Loopylou1017

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 02:47:02 PM »

I think the consultant probably wanted to change gel
Slowly but I totally agree with what you are saying. I don’t seem to be getting on with the gel. It is giving me really bad upset stomach which I didn’t have before starting gel. Anyone else have the same problem?

Pippa52

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2023, 02:44:18 PM »

Hi - I had really bad anxiety on the Oestrogel - when I had a blood test done it showed only a level of 55 pmol and the Meno consultant said I might as well be on no HRT at all as I clearly was not absorbing it at all so it might be worth asking your Dr to check to see if you are absorbing it ok and it takes several months for things to level out too.  It seems we all absorb differently and what suits one person may well not suit another.  Hope so  much it gets sorted for you x

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2023, 05:16:55 PM »

Anxiety can be a symptom of both too much and too little oestrogen. Given that your dose has halved my money would be on too little. I would increase the gel and see how you feel. 4 pumps is equivalent to a 100 patch though you may absorb differently.