Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 8mm womb lining...any advice  (Read 8359 times)

Northerngirl

8mm womb lining...any advice
« on: December 12, 2023, 12:06:40 PM »

Well ladies I've just been told I've got a 8mm  womb lining,  I'm bleeding, very postmenopausal.  They've said either cancer or hyperplasia ,next step hysteroscopy...any advice would be gratefully appreciated at this point as I'm absolutely devastated can't stop  crying

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 8mm womb lining...any advice
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2023, 12:31:38 PM »

Of course you are worried.  I don't think that 8mm is actually very thick.  I am sure that some1 will be along with more info on this.

Fancy mentioning cancer risks at this stage who told you that!!  Were Y told how little risk there might be?  Do U have a date for the hysteroscopy?

:foryou:   

Summer-sky

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2023, 12:40:48 PM »

Hello Northern Girl,
I'm sorry you've had this news, it's always a shock to hear and understandably you feel on a rollercoaster and finding it hard to process.

There are three types of hyperplasia, one being benign, or with precancerous cells and then third showing cancerous cells in the lining and there are good treatments that can be done for all of these diagnoses but the main thing is you are on the track to all of it being addressed and quickly and it's important to try and plant that thought in yourself in the middle of all the turmoil you are feeling.  I know its easier said than done and the brain can take over with 'what ifs' but it is just one step at at a time. 

Have you had a hysteroscopy before?

Sending a big hug to you x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2023, 12:51:11 PM »

:thankyou:  Summer-sky

Summer-sky

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2023, 12:53:56 PM »

Post menopausal bleeding also doesn't mean it is always cancer.  There are other reasons for it too - are you on HRT?  Did they see any endometrial polyps on the scan - was it a TVS scan done by a gynae? I agree with CKLD, at this stage it was a jump for them to say that. x

Northerngirl

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2023, 01:17:53 PM »

Of course you are worried.  I don't think that 8mm is actually very thick.  I am sure that some1 will be along with more info on this.

Fancy mentioning cancer risks at this stage who told you that!!  Were Y told how little risk there might be?  Do U have a date for the hysteroscopy?

:foryou:
erm ...no date as yet ...another 2 week referral.  I've booked in with private gynaecologists next week. They just said either outcome and both not good

Northerngirl

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2023, 01:20:54 PM »

Post menopausal bleeding also doesn't mean it is always cancer.  There are other reasons for it too - are you on HRT?  Did they see any endometrial polyps on the scan - was it a TVS scan done by a gynae? I agree with CKLD, at this stage it was a jump for them to say that. x
I've had an ultrasound and vaginal ultrasound and they were the results. Yes I'm on hrt but wish I'd never taken it cuz I've done it to myself obviously

Northerngirl

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2023, 01:23:20 PM »

Thanks for your advice again ladies...I'm obviously absolutely overwhelmed with shock atm...my husband's even crying and I've never seen it before after 36 years...rare I know 😂

Summer-sky

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2023, 01:36:32 PM »

You haven't done it to yourself Northerngirl.  IF and only if it is cancer there are many other reasons why it happens. Hang in there x

Donna-paul

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2023, 01:47:04 PM »

Try not to worry you hopefully are being fast tracked. At my hospital they did the scan and biopsy at the same time. My womb lining was normal second time but biopsy came back abnormal. I had cancerous cells in my womb and had everything taken away within 4 weeks I couldn’t fault are NHS. It hadn’t spread so given the all clear afterwards. Hopefully it’s caught early weather precancerous or not. Your biopsy may come back normal just lining is thick. Good luck .

Northerngirl

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2023, 02:02:17 PM »

Try not to worry you hopefully are being fast tracked. At my hospital they did the scan and biopsy at the same time. My womb lining was normal second time but biopsy came back abnormal. I had cancerous cells in my womb and had everything taken away within 4 weeks I couldn’t fault are NHS. It hadn’t spread so given the all clear afterwards. Hopefully it’s caught early weather precancerous or not. Your biopsy may come back normal just lining is thick. Good luck .
did you have any bleeding though? I've had blood in urine but cytoscopy was clear...had ct scan and everything was clear. The  this news today has absolutely devastated me even though I knew it was coming

Northerngirl

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2023, 02:04:39 PM »

did you have any bleeding though? I've had blood in urine but cytoscopy was clear...had ct scan and everything was clear. The  this news today has absolutely devastated me even though I knew it was coming
did you have chemo or anything else?

MrsMitch

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2023, 03:58:05 PM »

Hi Northerngirl, I've just had the same diagnosis as you, today. 6.5mm thickness after TVS. Have to have my hysteroscopy under gen anaesthetic due to vaginal atrophy, the gynae said combined with not having children, the pain would be too bad, so I'm glad I'll be knocked out!!
I had spotting for a couple of months followed by a massive heavy period last month. On HRT for 2 years which I decided mainly due to quality of life (or lack of it)
Gynae said to stop hrt and tbh I doubt I'll go back on after this.
Like you, I wasn't given any other diagnosis except possibly cancer. I'm having the procedure with 2 weeks and had the pre op today while at the hospital.
Try not to overthink this - with only 8mm thickness there is only 7% chance of it being cancer, so very low. I've learned over the years that the medical profession always give you worst case scenario. I had to sign the consent form which put more emphasis on what might go wrong instead of the procedure itself. I'm sure with both of us, it's unlikely to be cancer, other yhan bleeding I gave had no other symptoms.  Apparently there is a high chance that I wasn't taking enough progesterone,  hence thickening, too much oestrogen- 4 pumps daily, hence bleeding. It may be polyps.
Try to do some reading here if you can, lots of sound advice from women who have been through the same.
Will you update when you've had your procedure so I know how you are?
Sending you virtual hugs, I hope you can settle as you process the information you have.

MrsMitch

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2023, 04:01:54 PM »

Just reading your other posts and see you have the same as me - VA. I had difficulty with the TVS today dye to ghe pain so I'm glad to hear you got through yours today.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2023, 04:08:29 PM »

I think that medics should keep big gobs shut ........ although they seem to 'have' to be doom and gloom instead of explaining carefully the ifs, why's, buts.  Quality of Life so HRT when required is important.

They just said either outcome and both not good. Then sent you away  :-\.  To my mind that's medical negligence.  However, if you are having to wait for further treatment rather than being admitted immediately? 
Pages: [1] 2 3