Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Best time in cycle to change from sequi to conti regime  (Read 853 times)

AM16

Best time in cycle to change from sequi to conti regime
« on: December 12, 2023, 09:54:23 AM »

Hi All,

I’m 51 and peri and have been on HRT for a year. For most of that time I’ve been on Everol Sequi but my GP thinks I should change to a continuous regime as I struggle a bit with the ups and downs of progesterone and my bleeding is very irregular (scan showed lining nice and thin).

I had a failed mirena fitting a month ago due to a closed cervix and was told I’d need a GA in hospital if I wanted one, but I’m not keen on going down that route. Anyway, I’ve been prescribed Femseven conti to try for a couple of months as was told that is a kinder progesterone than Everol conti. I was told to start taking it straight away but I’m due to swap back to the oestrogen only patch tomorrow and wondered whether I aim to have a bleed first? Although saying that my bleeds on sequi are very irregular and I may not get one at all.

Has anyone got any experiences to share of the best point in the cycle to change from sequi to conti patches? Thanks!

sheila99

Re: Best time in cycle to change from sequi to conti regime
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2023, 10:44:06 AM »

If you wait til the bleed has started  you can you start off with a nice thin lining. If you still have a cycle of your own there's a fair chance you'll still have some bleeding with a conti regime. Another option would be utrogeston 25 days out of 28. It can be useful in late peri as it allows a bleed if there's been a build up.

AM16

Re: Best time in cycle to change from sequi to conti regime
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2023, 01:46:16 PM »

Thanks Sheila99. I’ve tried utrogestan which made me too tired, so hopefully these new patches will work. I think I’ll go back to my two weeks of oestrogen only patches and start the conti regime after that.