Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bleeding every two weeks  (Read 691 times)

Blythe

Bleeding every two weeks
« on: December 16, 2023, 10:03:21 AM »

Hi. I’m on 2-3 pumps of estrogel and 200mg Utrogestan vaginally. However, for my last three cycles I have started bleeding around day 12-13 turning into full blown bleed so I don’t start the progesterone. I’m on day 13 and a new bleed has started. Shall I just start the progesterone anyway? It seems counterintuitive. I’m bloody knackered. Jeeeezzzzz!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bleeding every two weeks
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 10:09:25 AM »

Morning.  One needs progesterone to cleanse the womb fully.  Hopefully some1 will be along with proper advice.

U could put the product names into the search box: individually: to C threads that pop up - make notes ;-)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2023, 12:02:35 PM »

If you ask a doctor they'll probably say you should take the utro anyway. But like you I don't see the point so I stop taking it when I bleed ( but my bleed has never started before utro).

Blythe

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2023, 07:55:13 AM »

Thanks ladies. I am on day 14 and now full bleed again. I know the importance of taking Utrogestan alongside the estrogel but my lining is not havi be the chance to build up as I am nearly always bleeding heavily. My period arrives every 14 days and i bleed for about 8 of them so it is quite difficult at the moment. Maybe I will up the estrogel and start the Utrogestan earlier to try and take back some control. No point in discussion with nurse or Gp as they just look at NICE guidelines and I can do that myself. I just wondered whether anyone on here and found a combination that works.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2023, 10:08:49 AM »

It will probably sort itself out in the long term. Your own cycles can get shorter as well as longer and irregular but it's unlikely to last more than a few months. Increasing oestrogen will thicken the lining and add to bleeding so unless you have symptoms of oestrogen deficiency it may not be a good strategy. My own cycle is always stronger than the hrt one.

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2023, 12:49:05 PM »

My own cycle would override utrogestan and any other progesterone as if they didn't exist, while I was definitely post meno.

What I did was just take utrogestan until I started to bleed, then stop. If it was a really short time, like 5 days, then I tried taking them after my bleed would finish as well, but that meant two bleeds a month, mine and the HRT one as well, even my GP agreed that was no good.

I don't have the answer, but you aren't alone. I've given up that merry go round and gone back to tibolone, I love good old tibolone and I have periods on it, every month, post menopause, how weird is that?

My personal opinion is that if you bleed some of the time, then you're ok, it's not building up, but I'm a nobody, don't listen to me!

Blythe

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2023, 02:03:25 PM »

I’m listening 😀 i have been referred to a menopause clinic via NHS but don’t expect the call up for many months. I only asked for a referral because I want testosterone. I miss my sex drive. Honestly if I had five days of high sex drive I could handle the excessive bleeding. How did you get the tibolone?