Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Intrarosa  (Read 2904 times)

debh

• First Flush
Intrarosa
« on: December 10, 2023, 11:49:09 PM »

Hello, I'm new here and hope someone can help.

I want to try intrarosa. I don't get on with ovestin and vagifem - both give me really bad irritation.

I asked my GP for it but she won't prescribe it as it is on the black list and she knows nothing about it. I did say she could still prescribe it as long as she put a note on my file as I have tried everything else and it hasn't worked.

She put me on tibolone, which is working but I don't really want to be on systemic HRT for a localised problem.

I would be happy to get a private prescription but don't really know where to start. I tried the private GP through my private insurance but they won't prescribe . I have looked at private menopause clinics but they charge such a lot for a consultation, especially as i don't know if it will agree with me.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get it? It's very frustrating, it shouldn't be this hard to get help.

sheila99

Re: Intrarosa
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 10:05:25 AM »

I asked my gp for it too and she wouldn't prescribe either because it's on the list. Presumably this is because it has a precursor of testosterone as she said the meno clinic could. I don't think it adds up though. The story is that T can't be prescribed by a gp because there isn't a product licensed for women. I'm assuming intra rosa is?
An NHS meno clinic might be an option but there's usually an unacceptably long wait.

Tibolone may not be a long term solution either, many women need both oestrogen as well to keep it under control.

AngelaH

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2023, 11:30:18 AM »

An NHS meno clinic might be an option but there's usually an unacceptably long wait.
I read so many times in here about long waiting lists for meno consultation, but in reality I was referred and have got letter from them 18 weeks referral national guidance,  so an appointment for me was made on 7th week after my referral was confirmed by my GP Surgery. It looks like they work on weekends as well, because my appointment is on Saturday afternoon.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 01:35:26 PM by AngelaH »

sfreesto

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 06:30:30 PM »

My GP happily prescribed me Intrarosa when I asked for it, so really not sure what this list is? It is more expensive than the other vaginal products so maybe that is why.

fiftyplus

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 07:25:24 PM »

I am just following this thread to learn more about Intrarosa ...

Orba

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2024, 11:08:32 PM »

Hi. I also have been looking at this. I've been on Vagifem for years but recently find it irritates.
I haven't asked my GP yet if she ll prescribe intrarosa but as I'm expecting her to say no I've looked online.
It can be bought from The Online Pharmacy. It's £50 which I'm assuming is a months supply so expensive !!!
It seems to be a postcode lottery as to whether you ll get it.
If the health service is meant to be national why can't we all have it !!

Orba

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2024, 11:32:23 PM »

I am just following this thread to learn more about Intrarosa ...
Hi. From my own internet research, intrarosa is a form of DHEA which is a hormone naturally found in the body that precurses testosterone and oestrogen.
It is claimed to be good for replacing local hormones in the vaginal and surrounding tissues. Which helps with bladder health, It has to be inserted as a pessary daily. Hope that helps !

ElkWarning

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2024, 08:27:26 AM »

I read so many times in here about long waiting lists for meno consultation, but in reality I was referred and have got letter from them 18 weeks referral national guidance,  so an appointment for me was made on 7th week after my referral was confirmed by my GP Surgery. It looks like they work on weekends as well, because my appointment is on Saturday afternoon.

Could you tell me where I can find this guidance?

AngelaH

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2024, 08:37:17 PM »

Could you tell me where I can find this guidance?
This is general guidance for any NHS referral, it was on my NHS letter.

https://www.nnuh.nhs.uk/publication/download/rtt-18-weeks-what-does-this-mean-to-you-as-a-patient-v2-0/#:~:text=Your%20rights%20under%20the%20NHS%20Constitution&text=The%20waiting%20times%20are%20described,18%20weeks%20of%20being%20referred.

In April 2023 it was on the local news that my nearest meno clinic, which run by Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Trust had waiting time from 1 year to 18 months for an appointment. But I didn’t wait for so long, when I was referred there.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 08:41:03 PM by AngelaH »