Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hair loss  (Read 2870 times)

lisa06031510

Hair loss
« on: December 10, 2023, 05:22:54 PM »

Omg what is happening!!!! I am 49 and been on HRT for 4 years and this week I have found 3 bald patches!!! Is this HRTs doing?????

Bandango42

Re: Hair loss
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 06:25:36 PM »

I have lost more hair while on hrt than I ever have in my life, and I've had 2 children (hair shedding is huge after birth).

I now take vitamin b12, iron, vitamin d & biotin in an attempt to halt it. It's never got any better but it's no worse than when it started either (15 mths ago). I have no bald patches but it's definitely more sparse around my hair line and my parting is slightly wider. I think it's the hrt but I'm not prepared to stop it.

I hope you find something that helps, it's awful x

lisa06031510

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 07:24:38 PM »

Do you have noticeable patches or just notice you are losing more hair?
I won't come off HRT but Im actually really worried now as always had such thick hair..

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2023, 07:36:52 PM »

Hi ladies,how awful for you both    :( I'm not on hrt and my hair is ok,not so thick but ok,my daughter suffers hair loss due to her IBD and she swears by sage oil,it definitely seems to regrow her hair,albeit the house stinks of sage,she rubs it on and leaves it for a good few hours under a hat then washes her hair with main and tail shampoo (once for horses ) !!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 08:23:13 AM by jaypo »

lisa06031510

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 11:42:41 PM »

Thank you for this advice.. I will certainly give it a go x

Bandango42

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2023, 07:23:49 AM »

Do you have noticeable patches or just notice you are losing more hair?
I won't come off HRT but Im actually really worried now as always had such thick hair..

I have no noticeable bald patches but it's definitely way thinner than it was. I've always had fine hair anyway so it's very distressing. It's way more sparse around my hairline (forehead and above ears) that I hate wearing it up now. I try not to blow dry anymore but every time I wash my hair the plug is full of hair and I see it fall on my clothes, the floor, the bed, when I brush etc 🙁

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2023, 08:28:17 AM »

It's so distressing,my daughter got so fed up with it,she took scissors and cut all her beautiful long hair off,she said......mum, can't cope with it anymore 😩😢 but since doing this routine,there is a definite change,of course,after saying that,things don't work for everyone but just wanted to share the info,just in case it works for you xx

Gnatty

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2023, 09:28:58 AM »

I know it's complicated but for some women their hair loss issues improve when they are absorbing adequate oestrogen. I know you are thinking it's the hrt to blame, but could it be the hair loss would have happened anyway as it so often does with menopause/ perimenopause and you are not quite replacing sufficient amount of oestrogen? Do you know what your levels are?

AmandaJR

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2023, 09:35:16 AM »

Hi, hair loss is very frightening. Mine calmed down about 3 months into HRT and had been gradual for the previous two years. My iron was also low so worth asking your GP to test it or getting a full iron panel done online.

jaypo

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2023, 03:19:40 PM »

Ok,meno brain.....it's ROSEMARY oil not sage 🙄 and she said NOT to put the rosemary oil straight onto your scalp without firstly using a carrier oil,she said to google it as it will tell you the best ones for your hair.....sorry, was all in a panic when she told me lol

Floral

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2023, 06:13:48 PM »

Make sure and test things like iron, folate, B12 etc etc and at least it will rule those out.

lisa06031510

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2023, 07:57:08 AM »

I have a HRT review on Thursday so will ask for blood tests again as I feel like we should have regular monitoring but I've had 2. Looks tests on the 4 years... My last test they just said I needed the 150mgs and that's it...
I will be glad when this is all over...may not have any hair left by the end though lol or memory
..mine is getting worse.. all part of the journey I guess...

Banjo1973

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2023, 08:22:23 AM »

Hi Lisa,

Can I ask what HRT you're on?

Evie606

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2023, 04:51:21 PM »

I have a HRT review on Thursday so will ask for blood tests again as I feel like we should have regular monitoring but I've had 2. Looks tests on the 4 years... My last test they just said I needed the 150mgs and that's it...
I will be glad when this is all over...may not have any hair left by the end though lol or memory
..mine is getting worse.. all part of the journey I guess...

Please make sure you also ask for a thyroid test.
My hair has been falling out for 2 months due to unstable hypothyroidism, thank god for testosterone which seems to be counteracting the loss.

Good luck!  :)

lisa06031510

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2023, 01:21:21 PM »

I am on the Estrodot patches
Pages: [1] 2