Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello I’m new here  (Read 1028 times)

NickiL

• First Flush
Hello I’m new here
« on: December 20, 2023, 08:28:34 PM »

Hello I am new here and kind of new to HRT I was put on everol conti but didn’t get on with them so then got moved over to the estrogel and utrogestan, because I’m unable to swallow pills my gp told me I was able to do these vaginally, I was getting on well until a week in to them and I started feeling really sore, inflamed and was urinating a lot, I ended up with a UTI which I hadn’t had one since being pregnant years ago, every time I put a utrogestan up vaginally it would feel that it had inflated inside and I’d feel so sore, after 2 lots of antibiotics my UTI finally went I gave it a week, everything felt back to normal so I decided to try again with my HRT everything was going fine until the first week of my utrogestan nearing the end of week one I was back to square one.

I guessed maybe I may have been allergic to something in the capsule however I’ve had to give up with it all again, I am now having pressure in my pelvis feeling swollen down below and what I would call a fake UTI as my urine strip test keeps coming up negative, I just know it has to be something to do with a component of the HRT and wondering if anyone else has had these problems and got around it somehow or found something better?

I don’t want to give up on HRT cause it helped somewhat but I’m in agony with my pelvis constantly now, I have been taking estriol for VA and I’m going on to my second week of that, GP said it looks like I have VA because  I was shiny and that signals dry.

I’m hoping to get some sort of help and advice for the pain side of it and how to help it and to see if there’s another way I can go, I can’t have the coil as I didn’t get on with it before.

Thanks in advance.

Nicki.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 08:55:25 PM by NickiL »

Minusminnie

Re: Hello I’m new here
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 06:37:08 AM »

It sounds like your VA has been waiting to show itself up and some irritation from the utrogestan is doing that.

If you went back to normal the first time you stopped the utrogestan it might be worth trying that again as you might now be being irritated by something in the estriol and need a different type.

Also if you are on your second week of estriol it sounds like you are doing an intial two week loading.   You may find that once down to twice a week (or what dose you eventually find suits you) may calm things down.

It becomes trial and error with VA and less is often more.  There are threads on here the Burning Club one in private lives being one. I will bump it up for you.

I can't help re the utrogestan.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 10:21:17 AM »

I answered in your other thread  :-\

NickiL

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 09:28:32 PM »

I answered in your other thread  :-\

I’m sorry I did two threats without realising I did try deleting this one but I couldn’t figure out how 😂

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2023, 10:17:41 AM »

I think it's because you posted the same in two 'rooms' which gets confusing.