Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Starting HRT  (Read 896 times)

MidgetGem82

• First Flush
Starting HRT
« on: December 04, 2023, 11:51:06 AM »

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but have been reading with interest for a while since noticing what I thought were perimenopausal symptoms and you all seem a very friendly and helpful bunch. I'm only 41 so relatively young but have been feeling a bit 'off' and had a few ailments over the last 2-3 years, none of which I really thought anything of until earlier this year when my periods became more irregular with longer gaps between cycles. It was only then, that it clicked in my mind that I could be perimenopausal. Reading on here made me realise just how many symptoms I had already been experiencing (migraines,anxiety,tinnitus,dry eyes,alcohol intolerance to name a few!). My GP was fairly dismissive as I was 'too young' and referred me for blood tests and scans which came back 'normal'  ::). She did however refer me to gynaecology and luckily I have private healthcare through my employer so was able to go private. The gynaecologist has now done more blood tests and actually tested for estrogen/testosterone/AMH rather than just FSH, all of which are very low and she has recommended I try HRT (thank goodness! I'm really hopeful this will help me to feel better). I'm just waiting for her to notify my GP so that the GP can prescribe it but I was wondering when I should start it. I'm going to be on estrogen gel and then utrogesten for 14 days for the second half of the cycle. My question is, I'm already around half way through my cycle so could I start with both the Utrogestan and Estrogen together or do I need to wait for the start of my cycle and then start with estrogen for 2 weeks before adding the Utrogestan in?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Starting HRT
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 01:25:28 PM »

Clear as mud ain't it  ::) oh Santa hats are back.   :welcomemm:

Hopefully some1 will be along who uses HRT.  Medics need to realise that no lady is 'too young' to show menopausal symptoms.  Some girls get 1 period then nothing and some never menstruate at all.  So although 51 is the mean age any1 of us can go into peri-menopause at any time.  Especially if family members are 'early'.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.  The Gynea seems to be on the ball, U may not require testosterone.  Better to get a settled regime then decide.

Let us know how you get on.