Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hot flushes as a side effect?!  (Read 1182 times)

jorainbow

Hot flushes as a side effect?!
« on: December 04, 2023, 06:52:27 AM »

I recently started HRT and am now getting hot flushes and night sweats where I had absolutely none before  :o I'm also waking early and with an undercurrent of mild anxiety . I'm on 1 spray lenzetto and 200mg utrogestan every other day (prescribed by meno consultant due to hyperplasia/proliferative endo history). I also get the worst burning with the pessaries.

It's too much of a coincidence to say it may be my own ievels suddenly lowering I think?

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
Re: Hot flushes as a side effect?!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 07:28:14 AM »

I think the utrogestan sounds too high for only one spray of Lenzetto.

Why 200mg every other night? Wouldn't 100mg every night be a smoother dosing regimen?

The utrogestan 100mg capsules say oral and their 200mg capsules say pessary, but the formulation inside is identical, I've used both sizes vaginally.

I'm on 3 pumps of oestrogel which takes away my sweats completely, until I get to the 12 days when I take utrogestan, then it's back to night sweats and boiling hot flushes. The utrogestan seems to cancel out the extra oestrogen, so perhaps with you having such a low dose of extra oestrogen it's eating up your natural oestrogen as well?

I'm as uninformed as any other on this forum of course! Just guessing from my own experiences  ::)

jorainbow

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 11:06:36 AM »

Hi and thank you. I asked about 100mg every night but was told that wasn't an option though in my simple world its the same amount. Didn't expect to get hot flushes to be honest!!!

Scampidoodle

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 05:16:16 PM »

Hi what dose of oestrogen are you on? X

Bo

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 06:03:19 PM »

Just on the utrogestan -> I cannot tolerate it orally (I get very down) and I can't tolerate more than 100mg PV every other day (same reason - depressed mood). My GP grudgingly goes along with it. I am on 100mcg oestrogen patches.

jorainbow

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2023, 06:49:58 PM »

Hi what dose of oestrogen are you on? X

1 spray of lenzetto. I believe 3 sprays is equivalent to a 50mcg patch

jorainbow

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2023, 06:51:28 PM »

Just on the utrogestan -> I cannot tolerate it orally (I get very down) and I can't tolerate more than 100mg PV every other day (same reason - depressed mood). My GP grudgingly goes along with it. I am on 100mcg oestrogen patches.

Very similar here. I took 3 days of 200mg vaginally and on day 3 I was incredibly low. I'm thinking of asking for the 100mg

Scampidoodle

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2023, 06:57:50 PM »

I’m the same with utrogestan. Day 3 i was low and day 4 depression

jorainbow

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2023, 07:15:00 PM »

I’m the same with utrogestan. Day 3 i was low and day 4 depression

I think the negatives are outweighing any small benefit from the oestrogen which is I'm a little less achy. Though I am only on a tiny amount!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 07:49:35 PM by jorainbow »