Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: finger p r I ck test on toe instead of finger?  (Read 1066 times)

joziel

finger p r I ck test on toe instead of finger?
« on: December 08, 2023, 06:47:13 PM »

Can we do Medichecks finger **** tests using a toe instead of a finger, incase we have any Oestrogen on our fingers to contaminate the test? Is there a reason our toes are not a good idea...??

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: finger p r I ck test on toe instead of finger?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 07:02:25 PM »

Why would you have any residue on your fingers?   :-\. U R over thinking things.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 07:57:47 PM »

I don't see how it can make any difference where the blood comes from? Assuming you're flexible enough :).

Madge79

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2023, 12:11:47 PM »

I always pay the extra £30 for the venous blood draw it’s so much more reliable. I did a finger one and my Estradiol  showed  as over 11,000! I contacted them and they said the estrogel builds up in the skin layers on your finger and you shouldn’t do a finger **** for a month since handling the gel.
Weirdly a friend of mine who is not on HRT did a medichcks finger one and also got over 11,000. So I always stick with the vein I think it’s worth it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2023, 01:12:00 PM »

I agree.  What R U testing for?

Penguin

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2023, 02:28:19 PM »

I am getting the venous draw done too. You can also do that route via medichecks I believe.
I have read the same (also on here) about the way transdermal estrogen is absorbed means finger **** tests (unless you always use the same hand and use the other one for the test I guess) renders the test unreliable.
I can't see why toe wouldn't work.

joziel

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2023, 10:41:12 PM »

I don't use my hand to rub the gel in, I use a spatula (like a mini kitchen silicone spatula) - but even so I think some of it occasionally gets on the end of a finger or two, so I wouldn't want to risk it.

A toe would be safer, but I just wondered if the blood flow to our toes is okay for finger **** tests. I mean, it can take a lot of finger squeezing sometimes to get enough out of a finger.

I will contact Medichecks and ask. I know they do venous draws but I have to do those for thyroid stuff at the moment and that's just a lot of venous draws going on...  Plus I want to test during my period, so I can better tell what I'm getting from the gel (instead of what my body is making) - my own estrogen will be low then - and it's just more flexible to do a finger **** test at short notice than arrange a blood draw.