Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Estradot v estraderm v evorel  (Read 1666 times)

Bo

Estradot v estraderm v evorel
« on: December 03, 2023, 06:48:32 PM »

Hi everyone
Anyone know if the oestrogen is the same (base) in all three makes of patch? (Not looking at combi patches, just oestrogen only).
I did a search on here before posting and tried to follow some links but got 404 errors

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
Re: Estradot v estraderm v evorel
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 08:03:31 AM »

All I can tell you is I tried Evorel 50, then Estradot 50 and there didn't seem anything similar about them.

Evorel had no positive effects at all, I tried it twice, almost 3 months each time.

Estradot however had a noticeable effect on my symptoms, it was good. Then I got my hands on the elusive Oestrogel and that really does work for me.

Every woman is different and these are under-researched products so each woman must do her own scientific trials with a sample size of one at a time. I'm afraid my experience won't predict yours, they are all estradiol based, but they are definitely different from each other in how they act in the body.

Bo

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 10:46:30 AM »

Thank you. Yes, I can't get on with estraderm or oestrogel. But estradot is low on supplies and doc has suggested I try evorel  :-\

Shorty Pants

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2023, 04:41:40 AM »

Evorel is soy based and estradot is derived from yams. I'm not sure about what estrogel is made from. Whilsft technically they are chemically all estradiol, as Pastie Supper says, everyone responds differently.

I'm the opposite and couldn't tolerate estradot at all, but am kind of ok with evorel in v small doses. So, I agree that unfortunately, it's trial and error. Good luck! 😊

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2023, 09:52:07 AM »

Estradot 50s are still unavailable so if that's the strength you need I'd try evorel. As above, we all react differently so sadly it's a case of suck it and see.

SarahT

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2023, 12:29:13 PM »

I am sure someone posted on here that estradot and estraderm are both yam based.  Everol ( soy) was not good for me.

I much prefer estradot, and due to the shortages have been making my dose ( 125) with some very strange combinations of old patches to get my dose.
If I get to the stage where I simply can't get estradot then I will go estraderm as these two week the  most similar.