Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Internal tremor  (Read 2765 times)

Birdy

• First Flush
Internal tremor
« on: November 20, 2023, 01:24:00 PM »

Hello all,

I’m new here and just wanting to know if anyone else has experienced similar. I am 47 and perimenopausal but trying to pin down what is causing my symptoms.

At the end of August I experienced a strange episode. It felt like my heart was beating really fast for a couple of minutes. I was extremely stressed at the time but had never had this happen before and it really unnerved me.

A couple of weeks later I began to get a similar feeling at the point of waking up (in those seconds when you are first emerging from sleep). At first it was only on occasional days but then it started happening every morning and also sometimes when falling asleep. I realised then it wasn’t my heart and was more like an inner tremor/vibration.

By mid-October I started to feel the tremor constantly (although it was still worse on waking/falling asleep)  and also developed constant pins and needles and buzzing in my hands and feet. This later got worse with ****les and little muscle twinges all over my body. Blood tests showed my iron was low (I don’t think this is a new thing for me). This month I have also missed a period for the first time. I haven’t been able to sleep because of the tremor and my anxiety has gone sky high through loss of sleep and worrying about what it is. GP wasn’t sure but thought it could be a response to chronic stress or perimenopause.

Just want to know if anybody has experienced something similar as it is an incredibly difficult thing to deal with.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 01:42:56 PM by Birdy »

Ayesha

Re: Internal tremor
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 02:19:54 PM »

While you wait for replies put the word 'tremors' in the search box, there are a few threads relating to the same symptoms you are experiencing.

Banjo1973

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 08:13:57 PM »

Hi Birdy,

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

I have experienced some of your symptoms, especially the racing heart and buzzing sensations. I had regular periods with none of the more common peri symptoms such as hot flushes.

As soon as I went on hrt I started to feel better.

Firstly oestrogel and utrogestan. I recently switched from Oestrogel to Sandrena (I believe Oestrogel has changed - it no longer works for me)

If you are not opposed to HRT I would strongly recommend trying it

Good luck

Xxx

Claire Louise

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 09:26:48 PM »

Yes all of the above & always accompanied by an unnerving, sickly anxious feeling  :(
6 months ago I started on HRT patches (Evorel 50 & Evorel Conti)  and although my symptoms did & do seem to mutate monthly I no longer have those unnerving buzzing/tremors & nocturnal palpations x

Luculka

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 04:18:05 PM »

Hi Birdy, wow, I had to check if your post didn't come from me, I could have written all that!  I am also 47, in spring I started having mysterious pins and needles, then now in summer came this terrible inner restlessness, palpitations and adrenaline rush-like episodes. Once in August my palpitations developed into hyperventrilation and my terrified husband called an ambulance - my  resting pulse was 140!  Then in August and September I had a few terrible, panic attack-like episodes on the bus or tram and felt so horrible that I had to get off. From one day to the next, I no longer recognised myself. A doctor then explained to me that this was all typical perimenopause and that I absolutely needed HRT. These bad sensations are sometimes heart-related and sometimes it's the result of disbalanced central nervous system. Such a shame that nobody warns us in advance!  The worst was not knowing what causes these things - it was such a relief finding out it is just Perimenopause! But I have to say that the one peri-menopausal symptom that gets me down the most is the constant nausea. Don't worry, your conditions are typical at our age and we will get throuhg this!

Tumiza

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2023, 11:40:05 PM »

Hi Birdy … I needed to reach out to you as I can’t believe you have described exactly what I have been going through for over a year. I wanted you to know that you’re not alone and reading these posts when I have been at my wits end has helped so much.
The internal tremors ,  stiff joints , pins and needles , headaches, swollen fingers, hair shedding , brain fog, gritty eyes, dizziness , burning palms and soles . Etc
I hope you’re ok ! I’m 53 , not on HRT &  think I have every single symptom of menopause. It’s horrible.
Take one day at a time and try not to panic . I have found that keeping myself occupied has helped especially on an evening .. otherwise I go into panic mode just before bed.
X Tumiza

Scampidoodle

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2023, 12:45:51 PM »

Another one here. You’ve described me also!! 3 weeks into hrt. The central nervous system symptoms appear to have calmed a bit. I do sometimes get buzzy and internally jittery and I think this is when my oestrogen is spiking or when there are fluctuations.