Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Do you ever change your oestrogen dose thru the month?  (Read 1390 times)

Peri2022

Do you ever change your oestrogen dose thru the month?
« on: November 29, 2023, 10:59:31 AM »

Hi all. The other night (day 23 of my cycle) I had a horrible time of constant cold sweats, pounding heart and screaming tinnitus. I also had some brown staining in the morning. I'm on Estradot 50mcg but these are the symptoms I typically used to have at this time of the month before I was on HRT. I really felt as if I had little or no oestrogen in my body again - it was so weird. I decided to whack on another half patch (25mcg, making it up to a total 75mcg) just to see if there was any improvement, and although it may be a coincidence, last night I had a better sleep, much less pounding heart, quieter tinnitus and no more spotting.

I don't think I'll stick to the 75mcg dose permanently but it does make me wonder if there's some benefit to upping my dose at the end of the month, because my body is obviously hardly producing any of its own oestrogen at that time? Just to keep me on an even keel?

Do any of you add another pump of gel or bit of a patch towards the end of your cycle, just in keeping with your fluctuating symptoms? I'm aware this isn't medically advised but curious to see what others do and whether it helps. Thanks.

sheila99

Re: Do you ever change your oestrogen dose thru the month?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 01:54:10 PM »

I tried it but it didn't work for me.

Claire Louise

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 09:04:56 PM »

Now this is interesting as I decided to trial the exact same thing due to being on my knees with anxiety,palps and dizziness the week after my period each month. However the extra 25 patch improved my symptoms so much that I’m now contemplating keeping with it throughout the month (which was actually my doctors original recommendation) x

Peri2022

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 01:01:09 PM »

Hi Claire, welcome. I think HRT is such trial and error! I wore my extra half patch for the last few days and did feel more myself. I’ve taken it off now as my period has come and I’m just going to start the cycle from my usual 50mcg and see how I go.