Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: No Bleed Utrogestan  (Read 1392 times)

Cassie

No Bleed Utrogestan
« on: November 27, 2023, 07:58:41 AM »

Hi Ladies, has anyone else experienced no withdrawal bleed after 12 days of Utrogestan. I had a very light withdrawal bleed last month now nothing just a faint pink spotting. I am only on half to one pump of gel daily does this mean I am not building up enough to shred? Anyone who can advise..... :-\ Thank you

lillith112

Re: No Bleed Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 02:38:31 PM »

Hi Cassie, yes same as me this month
, no bleed at all, 6 weeks ago I had just a 2 day bleed. I'm on the same hrt I've been on for over 2yrs. I think my natural estrogen has dropped, hence lining not building up. I'm 51.

I posted on here about it and the replies said it's probably lack of estrogen resulting in uterus lining not building up. x

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 06:56:37 PM »

Thank you, makes sense, think I need to go for an ultrasound to see whats what, thanks for your feedback.  :)

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 07:08:40 PM »

Agree that's the most likely, I'm on 100mcg and don't always bleed. I though you took less utro? Just that if you do it might be advisable to get a scan if not bleeding continues. If nothing else it means you can stop worrying about it.

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023, 06:49:17 AM »

I take 100mg of Utrogestan for 12 days ever 6 weeks. Last month was very light and this month basically nothing shedding.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 06:58:34 AM by Cassie »

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2023, 08:33:45 PM »

Cassie, if you are very post menopause you probably have zero oestrogen of your own now and the Utrogestan is stopping any womb lining build up.

I would have an ultrasound to make sure but I was told by a gynaecologist that it's normal to bleed much less when you are older and very post menopause - if I remember rightly you are over 60 now.

joziel

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2023, 10:50:20 PM »

This is a sign you're ready to move to continuous utrogestan...

Cassie

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2023, 03:58:35 PM »

Thanks for the input ladies. I will never be able to take utrogestan daily, I dread taking it 12 days every other month sadly.

TM73!

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2023, 07:07:23 PM »

I’m the same, rarely bleed after the 12 days of Utrogestan and when I do it’s hardly anything. Pretty sure I’m at the stage where I’m post menopausal. Would love to know if there is a test to take that would tell me if I am.