Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Always something else  (Read 2574 times)

Booroo

Always something else
« on: November 28, 2023, 11:00:48 AM »

Proper fed up
51 peri but nearly at the end I think had ibs diagnosed in early 40s had ranitidine and endescopy all ok then discontinued so just gaviscon or peptac it’s called.
September ended up on short course lansaprosomole then did another 2 weeks which was prob near
Y couple weeks ago and since then I was allowed to take as and when and call if still not right. So phone call end of next week. I have still had odd bouts of regurgitate feeling so I try to avoid what I know gets me but I’ve had proper bloating and am trying lactose elimination as best as I can and bloating has gone! But I still get the warm feeling in stomach and bit farty,is this still acid do u think and therefore need to take the tablets or is it ibs still? Thank you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Always something else
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 12:56:55 PM »

IBS is a blanket diagnosis for "We don't know"  ::).  However those of us that suffer with IBS either 'quick release' or 'slow transit' for exemple know exactly that we have it. 

Often in peri menopause digestive issues are noticeable.  As oestrogen levels drop muscles maybe come weak which includes the digestive tract = hiatus hernia and reflux. 

When do U take the lansaprosomole?  I take 'omeprallo' in the morning other wise symptoms return fast, within 3-4 days  >:(

Milk of magnesia also helps, gaviscon  :-X  :sick02:  :D

Booroo

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 01:05:29 PM »

IBS is a blanket diagnosis for "We don't know"  ::).  However those of us that suffer with IBS either 'quick release' or 'slow transit' for exemple know exactly that we have it. 

Often in peri menopause digestive issues are noticeable.  As oestrogen levels drop muscles maybe come weak which includes the digestive tract = hiatus hernia and reflux. 

When do U take the lansaprosomole?  I take 'omeprallo' in the morning other wise symptoms return fast, within 3-4 days  >:(

Milk of magnesia also helps, gaviscon  :-X  :sick02:  :D

I was taking it before breakfast but only for a short while May need longer? And yes peptac is similar to gaviscon advance
Have emailed gp to see wha5 they say but I am a worrier and been stressed so probably is jus5 a flare?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2023, 03:05:43 PM »

Anything with my guts worries me.  Think back to what you have eaten in the last 3-5 days.  MayB keeping a diary of what you eat and drink might pinpoint potential problems. everything  ;)

Since I stopped eating shop bought cakes and yoghurts my guts have been less bloated and I'm no longer aware of them 'working'.  I've changed to brown bread toast and Marmite for breakfast after eating muesli for a few years.  Digestion doesn't seem to have noticed that  ::)

I have blamed the empty calories, additives etc. in shop bought stuff.  Fortunately I can still eat chocolate ;-).

Occasionally my bowel is slow to empty, yesterday it took ages to pass anything  ::) which was 'normal' once out.  My bowel really feels empty so I have to tick the calendar.

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023, 04:16:10 PM »

I agree,IBS is an easy diagnosis, I was told in my late 20s that's what I had and many moons later after doing a private test,I'm actually wheat intolerant.
Clkd is right,try a food diary,as we age,we seem not to be able to eat the things we did when we were younger,I just need to look at a tomato and I get awful reflux

Booroo

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2023, 05:31:14 PM »

I agree,IBS is an easy diagnosis, I was told in my late 20s that's what I had and many moons later after doing a private test,I'm actually wheat intolerant.
Clkd is right,try a food diary,as we age,we seem not to be able to eat the things we did when we were younger,I just need to look at a tomato and I get awful reflux

Thank you x

Booroo

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2023, 05:31:30 PM »

Anything with my guts worries me.  Think back to what you have eaten in the last 3-5 days.  MayB keeping a diary of what you eat and drink might pinpoint potential problems. everything  ;)

Since I stopped eating shop bought cakes and yoghurts my guts have been less bloated and I'm no longer aware of them 'working'.  I've changed to brown bread toast and Marmite for breakfast after eating muesli for a few years.  Digestion doesn't seem to have noticed that  ::)

I have blamed the empty calories, additives etc. in shop bought stuff.  Fortunately I can still eat chocolate ;-).

Occasionally my bowel is slow to empty, yesterday it took ages to pass anything  ::) which was 'normal' once out.  My bowel really feels empty so I have to tick the calendar.

Thank you x

Jules

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2023, 11:49:55 PM »

I've just had a dietician appointment to help manage my digestive difficulties.  She talked more about how I eat and drink than what I eat and drink but I have Barratts caused by acid reflux as well as IBS. We think ibuprofen caused the bad acid then reflux. I take omeprazole daily and have to forever now. I used to take it at night till I read on here it's better during the day. I stopped drinking alcohol when I was diagnosed and she said its the biggest single thing I could have done to help as alcohol is a relaxant and relaxes the sphincter so stomach acid can splash back up. She said peppermint does the same. Also foods with fat slow the system down and hang around in the stomach longer. Digestive problems are the scurge of modern life, I know so many with it of all ages.  it's stress, refined and fatty foods, too much food, not enough fibre to move it through and out!

Booroo

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2023, 06:25:21 AM »

I've just had a dietician appointment to help manage my digestive difficulties.  She talked more about how I eat and drink than what I eat and drink but I have Barratts caused by acid reflux as well as IBS. We think ibuprofen caused the bad acid then reflux. I take omeprazole daily and have to forever now. I used to take it at night till I read on here it's better during the day. I stopped drinking alcohol when I was diagnosed and she said its the biggest single thing I could have done to help as alcohol is a relaxant and relaxes the sphincter so stomach acid can splash back up. She said peppermint does the same. Also foods with fat slow the system down and hang around in the stomach longer. Digestive problems are the scurge of modern life, I know so many with it of all ages.  it's stress, refined and fatty foods, too much food, not enough fibre to move it through and out!
Thank you x

Booroo

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2024, 01:10:55 PM »

So update…..
H pylori negative on poo sample
Been taking lanzoprozole for abut 3 weeks gp call tomorrow.
Have tested lactose elimination for month as bloated after milk @nd cheese that’s stopped but now last week or so am really windy and bloated feels ibs type for poo mix of bit constipated or normal and yesterday was like got go now and went few times but obviously cleared system sorry tmi.
Question is what now? Fed up with it dragging on and wondering if gluten intolerance, worse ibs, crohns as my son has it, or something not good,not helping health anxiety either.
Camera is most likely next with grab for tests if h pylori was what I was told last time,any ideas please.
Happy new year to all of you x

Booroo

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2024, 01:25:23 PM »

Forgot to add gurgly too

Jules

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2024, 01:35:50 PM »

A gastroscopy test or and colonoscopy would probably tell you and eliminate things. I don't know your age but I'm sure that will be next if its been going on a while. Presumably you've no red flag symptoms eg weight loss, bleeding,  problems swallowing?

Booroo

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2024, 01:39:43 PM »

A gastroscopy test or and colonoscopy would probably tell you and eliminate things. I don't know your age but I'm sure that will be next if its been going on a while. Presumably you've no red flag symptoms eg weight loss, bleeding,  problems swallowing?

51 and no thankfully

Jules

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2024, 01:44:11 PM »

Anxiety has a direct effect on your digestive system so is probably making things worse. Maybe try some relaxation

Booroo

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2024, 01:49:53 PM »

Ok thanks
Pages: [1] 2