Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Tostran gel help needed please  (Read 753 times)

Nanny2two

• First Flush
Tostran gel help needed please
« on: November 27, 2023, 10:40:18 PM »

Hi. A couple of questions please...

My GP has prescribed Tostran 2% gel.

Does it matter what time of day I use it?
(asking as Urtrogestan pills made me sleepy, so I only take at night. I wondered if Tostran is similar)

Also, the pharmacy sticker on the box says "Use one metered pump on alternate days"
All trusted resources online say to use it 3 times a week. It's almost, but not quite the same. Does that matter? It's potent stuff and I don't want to mess up!

Thank you in advance ☺️

« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 10:47:44 PM by Nanny2two »

sheila99

Re: Tostran gel help needed please
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 10:57:08 PM »

How did you manage to get hold of Tostran?? I thought it was unavailable atm? My pharmacy can't get it. My prescription was every other day and it's been fine for me. No reason why you can't use 3x week if you prefer. I don't think it matters when you use it, I do it at night (but just because I don't have to let it dry before going to bed).

Nanny2two

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 11:15:23 PM »

How did you manage to get hold of Tostran?? I thought it was unavailable atm? My pharmacy can't get it. My prescription was every other day and it's been fine for me. No reason why you can't use 3x week if you prefer. I don't think it matters when you use it, I do it at night (but just because I don't have to let it dry before going to bed).

Hi. It was unavailable everywhere, and I called so many places, so my GP pharmacist put a note out to all local pharmacies, and there was some a mile away at a small chemists.
I think I was just very lucky.

Thanks for the info! The area size to rub it in has to be pretty large doesn't it? That was a surprise 😊

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2023, 09:19:16 AM »

I started on my thigh but the hair became noticeably blacker and longer so now I put it under the arch of my foot where it seems to work just as well but avoids the hair problem.