Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Is my HRT causing excessive virginal discharge  (Read 2467 times)

Greenie71

• First Flush
Is my HRT causing excessive virginal discharge
« on: November 27, 2023, 07:06:02 PM »

Good evening ladies,
I am wondering if anyone has any experience of constant vaginal discharge, I had a mirena fitted about 8 months ago and am using evorel 100 patches along side it…
Since the mirena was fitted I have had a constant  (sometimes blobs of) yellowish/white discharge,, no bad smell or irritation but  I need to use a liner 24/7 and to be honest with you it’s starting to bug me… is this normal?? I am 53, finally settled on this HRT regime after 3 1/2 of faffing around trying to find the correct balance, everything is now settled apart from this discharge issue, I would be greatful to hear of anyone’s experiences..
Much love
Sarah  😊

Joaniepat

Re: Is my HRT causing excessive virginal discharge
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 08:03:22 PM »

A watery discharge can be a symptom of GSM (Genitourinary Symptoms of Menopause) also referred to as VA (vaginal atrophy). You would need local oestrogen treatment for this, eg Vagifem or Ovestin, in addition to your systemic HRT. It might be worth getting swabs for infection just to make sure.
JP x

flossie fiddler

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 11:46:11 PM »

Could it be thrush? The nurse who looked after me when I had Mirena fitted 2 weeks ago had one fitted in September.

She said that she developed thrush and her symptoms were similar to yours. The gynae gave her some tablets and it cleared very quickly.

Jules

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2023, 08:44:52 AM »

I use vaginal estrogen and I now have discharge again whereas before I was so dry. So I think it's normal to have some, perhaps not so much that it interferes with life and causes discomfort.

Greenie71

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023, 03:32:18 PM »

Thank you for your replies ladies,  I’m pretty sure it just menopause as I have no other symptoms but it’s so bloomin annoying, I shall have to ring the drs to find out if there is a solution or if I just have to add it to the meno list of crap stuff to deal with  🙄😳x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2023, 03:36:03 PM »

I would get it checked in the New Year, make the appt now.  A swab may be required.  Any discharge should have settled by now unless it's the evorel causing it.  Is there any info in the leaflet in the box to suggest that side effect?

The vagina does cleanse itself .  So any excess lubrication could be linked to the replacement.

How do U feel otherwise?

Greenie71

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2023, 07:15:44 PM »

Hiya, I feel better than I have felt in a long time, finally settled after a few years of pretty tough going, as for my downstairs (🙂), all good… no symptoms of anything weird going on just discharge…..
I shall however make an appt with the dr just in case…..