Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan - what were your early side effects  (Read 557 times)

Scampidoodle

Utrogestan - what were your early side effects
« on: November 27, 2023, 05:23:54 PM »

Hi hoping for reassurance/help/experience.

I started on a tiny dose of Estradot a week and a half ago- 12.5mcg patch. Works well and pretty instant clearing of brain fog and feel motivated and generally mentally better.

BUT! I have histamine/mast cell issues and so oestrogen is kind of the devil for that but also needed. So I’ve had a definite uptick in symptoms in that sense (burny Flushy cheeks, irritated eyes, extreme irritability, jittery, sore irritated throat)

For this reason my consultant advised progesterone. I have the coil but it’s not enough to counter the high oestrogen. Progesterone can be mast cell stabilising and anti histamine.

So two nights ago I started 100mg internally at night. Slept fine. Last night however I was woken by awful period type cramps (I’m just finishing my period) and a whopping migrane. Been off work today. Also had a bad sore dry throat. (I’m not ill)

I just wanted to know from others who have tried utrogestan what side effects you got initially that may have gone in time?

It’s really hard trying to separate what is ‘normal’ side effects and what is histamine/mast cell rubbish sometimes!

Thanks x