Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hrt increased but awful rage and insomnia  (Read 1062 times)

shakilla

Hrt increased but awful rage and insomnia
« on: November 29, 2023, 02:11:47 PM »

Please can someone help me. Completely and utterly fed up. So I've increased my hrt from 50 to 75 due to skin itching and vaginal dryness.im also on 100mg of utrogestan every night due to migrains they advised me not to take a break.   All  seems to be sorted. No problem with night sweats or hot flushes. The problem is I have the worst anger and rage and I'm waking up at 4 am unable to go back to sleep so am absolutely exhausted. This has been going on for weeks now. It's the rage that is the most problematic as I'm just snapping at everyone and I really lost it the other day. I'm just not feeling myself at all. I have a pretty stressful job at a hospital so don't feel happy at all. Can't remember the last time I felt myself. My mood is all over thr place. Any ideas? X

Scampidoodle

Re: Hrt increased but awful rage and insomnia
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 03:42:47 PM »

I’m not sure of the answer but just to say I feel exactly the same after recently starting hrt. I don’t recognise myself. For me it’s always been high or rising oestrogen that causes it. Is it worth increasing your utrogestan as that’s supposed to oppose and calm your oestrogen a bit?
I have to say my anger rage has gone now I’m on utrogestan 100mg. The only problem is I feel quite low with it. Can’t win!

joziel

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 04:24:36 PM »

Two thoughts...

Vaginal dryness (if it's the only symptom left) is usually best treated with local estrogen like Vagifem or Ovestin, rather than increasing systemic estrogen. And itchiness can actually be due to too much estrogen or to histamine involvement, caused by raising estrogen. Which is all to say - you might not have needed this dose increase and might have been better staying at 50 and adding in local vaginal estrogen.

My other thought is you might need testosterone as well. This can have a big impact on mood and sleep. If you find it hard to get via your GP, you can make a reduced cost appointment for 'testosterone only' at a clinic like the Newson Clinic for eg....

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 05:56:34 PM »

If this has happened since you increased then I agree it's likely to be because you're on too much now. Many people need localised oestrogen as well for va even though they're on systemic hrt. For some people testosterone induces rage so I'd be inclined to get that sorted out first.

shakilla

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2023, 06:29:41 PM »

Thank you so much ladies. Literally have felt this week like I'm losing my mind. Either horrendous anger or sobbing. I almost quit my job this week as I feel I ca no longer cope.   It makes sense thinking about it that it could be too much maybe. And thr itchy skin still keeps flaring up especially on my shins. It drives me mad. And it hasn't 100 percent got rid of the dryness. I've always wondered if for me it's the progesterone part that's low. So maybe I could increase that. My gp is now very empathic. It's kind of a just get on with it kind of thing with him. So thank you so much all. So nice to chat to you and feel like someone understands x