Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Knee pain  (Read 914 times)

dianad

Knee pain
« on: November 24, 2023, 10:02:52 PM »

Hello ladies, i was diagnosed with early menopause couple years ago, im 42 at the moment, have sore knee for half a year now, can’t bend it completely and cant straighten it completely, too sore, off work. GP gave me naproxen, was taking it for a month, havnt made much difference, waiting for physio input and X ray. Anybody has same problem? Some reassurance needed. Thanks

sheila99

Re: Knee pain
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 10:52:54 PM »

Arthritis? At least you'll have the xray before the physio does something she shouldn't  ???. OH had similar with a hip and has just had a hip replacement.

dianad

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 11:54:24 PM »

Thanks for reply, i do suspect its going to be arthritis probably, my pain is manageable yet, don’t know what future brings.. but im really depressed though  :'(

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 09:06:52 AM »

Hi, I agree with Sheila,physios can aggravate things,if they don't know what it is,so I'd push for an X-ray. Are you on hrt? Maybe worth thinking about,it can help the joints

dianad

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 09:14:18 AM »

Yes , i only started patches few months ago and waiting for physio and x ray  :(

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2023, 09:29:16 AM »

Sometimes hrt needs tweaking until you get it right but hopefully it will start to help with the knee if it's arthritis .I have a bad left knee,not on hrt though but I'm a good bit older than you,don't despair,once they know for sure what it is,you'll get the right treatment  :)

Jules

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2023, 09:36:27 AM »

I had xray in the spring. Early arthritis both knees.  I'm 65. Not as bad as you but lately one knee is flaring up if I've thrust weight on it. I do lots of massage with castor oil. Quad exercises too given by physio. My dad had bad knees so looks like I'm following him. I stopped drinking alcohol in April to aid a stomach problem but I've just been reading that in menopausal women alcohol can increase risk of osteoporosis. Probably women who drink regularly and over advised amounts rather than occasional drinkers.