Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Mirena Coil  (Read 1017 times)

SammyH17

• First Flush
Mirena Coil
« on: November 22, 2023, 12:32:19 PM »

Hi, I've been on HRT ten years, 2 pumps estrogel, utrogestan and testosterone . I wasn't feeling great for some time and the doctor said this could be because of the constant fluctuations of hormones and changed my sequential routine to continual over a year ago.  As I had breakthrough bleeding whilst on the continual routine almost daily, she suggested a try a Mirena coil instead of utrogestan. I have had the coil in 7 weeks which I know is early days but I am having some issues with sleep - waking up at 3/4am, broken sleep throughout. I think this is the biggest issue and is likely causing the other issues of hunger, anger and fatigue. I also have sore breasts, fuzzy headache and still have breakthrough bleeding. I am going to persevere as I know it does take time to settle but really just wanted some reassurance that others have felt like this and it will eventually settle. I know they say give it 3 months when changing your routine but 3 months is a long time to keep having to wait to feel better when it's been going on for sometime now. Thanks in advance for any feedback, it's appreciated.

Jett

Re: Mirena Coil
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 08:46:01 PM »

Hi SammyH17,

I’m not sure if this helps any but I didn’t stop bleeding with Mirena until about 14 weeks in.  I got it in June. It does feel a lot more settled now but I was all over the place for ages as I had to change from Evorel Conti to gel which didn’t work and now to Evorel patch.  So I am still try to find the right balance too!  I am thinking about trying to add Testosterone in to see if it helps.

The tiredness has gotten better and I cut sugar right down which helped with the hunger as I had that too.  I’ve not had the anger but did have anxiety and emotional fragility which has improved with time too.

I just wanted to encourage you to hang in there as there is a good chance things will improve.  If they don’t though do go back and see your doctor there are folks on here that the Mirena hasn’t agreed with so don’t ignore it if you feel really bad.

Good luck, I hope things level out for you soon

Jxxx

Pink68

Re: Mirena Coil
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2023, 04:23:34 PM »

Hi sammyH17, I have had the coil in since beginning of July and sleep has been rubbish, wakening up and not getting back to sleep for ages. I feel my anxiety is the worst it has been and thinking of having it removed. I also have a discharge like yellow sometimes pink/ brow. X