Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: hair growing thicker all of a sudden!  (Read 746 times)

zaroya

• First Flush
hair growing thicker all of a sudden!
« on: November 22, 2023, 07:03:50 PM »

Hello everyone, just recently joined. I'm 51, and definitely in perimenopause. It's been absolute hell recently. The symptom freaking me out the most actually is one I haven't really seen discussed. The hair on my head which for years was really very thin, has suddenly started to sprout again over the last few weeks, and not only that, it's coming in really quite dark! I know funny things can happen with our hormones but normally I see references to hair loss around this time not hair thickening! At the same time I've also lost weight, not gained it, and experienced breast shrinkage. It all seems very mixed up to me lol. Add to that digestive issues and fatigue and anxiety .... no fun at all. But the hair thickening was the one thing I really wanted to ask about. Anyone else experience this at this time?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: hair growing thicker all of a sudden!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 07:20:13 PM »

Welcome.

What are your periods up to?

I suggest that you ask your GP/Nurse Practitioner for a full blood count to include thyroid function, VitD and iron levels. 

What's happened to your digestion? 

Let us know how you get on.  Browse round.  Make notes ;-)

zaroya

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 07:36:37 PM »

Thanks for your reply. My periods started to become irregular earlier this year, now they seem to come after six weeks. I had routine blood tests done which all came back normal incl. testing for thyroid. I've a lot of anxiety and acid reflux, things like that, But actually the trigger point was dust inhalation which made me short of breath for awhile though chest x ray was clear. Since then it's been one thing after another  :(

It's really the hair thing I can't figure out though. People keep telling me I should be pleased it's growing in thicker and darker but it just keeps freaking me out!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2023, 08:38:09 AM »

Morning.  It would freak me too, either way  ::) - more or less.

Acid reflux - as oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = hiatus hernia and the body may become dry: inside and out.